Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How did Warsaw Pact capture the Iceland?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Northern Inferno >> How did Warsaw Pact capture the Iceland? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How did Warsaw Pact capture the Iceland? - 2/19/2017 12:06:45 AM   
KungPao

Just like what "the mighty O" 's scenario description says, it's a shock. Yes it is a shock. In previous scenario everything looks fine, but in the mighty O the Iceland is gone.
The question is how? we only know it was captured by Soviet Amphibious and Airborne Forces. I feel disconnected from the story line.

Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?
Post #: 1
RE: How did Warsaw Pact capture the Iceland? - 2/19/2017 7:58:12 PM   
.Sirius

quote:

ORIGINAL: KungPao

Just like what "the mighty O" 's scenario description says, it's a shock. Yes it is a shock. In previous scenario everything looks fine, but in the mighty O the Iceland is gone.
The question is how? we only know it was captured by Soviet Amphibious and Airborne Forces. I feel disconnected from the story line.

Hi in reality you dont expect you will know your enemys every move, ships sails long before war starts, ie WW2 Germany sortied its submarines, and armed merchant ships etc, Pearl Harbour was a sneak attack, and look at the Falklands War

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law

(in reply to KungPao)
Post #: 2
RE: How did Warsaw Pact capture the Iceland? - 2/23/2017 11:36:08 AM   
Eggstor

So the Soviets used the confusion from the Sverdlov sortie and the general lack of USN assets to take out Iceland? Makes sense, though CINCANTFLT should have been relieved for his piss-poor planning/preparation/performance up to that point.

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: Northern Inferno >> How did Warsaw Pact capture the Iceland? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI