Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Adding a component with a saved game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Adding a component with a saved game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adding a component with a saved game? - 3/28/2017 7:24:30 PM   
RogerBacon

When modding in a new component do you have to start a new game? I saw my component in my saved game but when I tried to add it I got an index out of range crash.
Post #: 1
RE: Adding a component with a saved game? - 3/30/2017 7:20:41 PM   
rjord2021

It sounds like you may have a typo with the new component causing the out of index error.
If you are unable to find the problem send me a message and send me the components file and I can have a look at it for you.

Index out of range messages have been something I have encountered often over the last few years of modding.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 2
RE: Adding a component with a saved game? - 4/2/2017 8:43:52 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjord1

It sounds like you may have a typo with the new component causing the out of index error.
If you are unable to find the problem send me a message and send me the components file and I can have a look at it for you.

Index out of range messages have been something I have encountered often over the last few years of modding.

Thanks rjord1. I just started a new game and everything was fine. I assume the list of components is saved with the save file and if you add more later on the saved game won't recognize them. Strange that they showed up as buildable components though.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Adding a component with a saved game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI