Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns and tactical EMPs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns and tactical EMPs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns and... - 5/4/2017 11:05:09 AM   
Dimitris

http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4479

Post #: 1
RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns... - 5/4/2017 11:24:15 AM   
Zaslon

Anxious for the release!

Kids think about Iran and Amateurs think about Russia, but professionals think about China

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 2
RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns... - 5/4/2017 11:44:11 AM   
Dysta

TOM CLANCY'S, GHOST FLEET, DEUS EX, METAL GEAR, 007, TRANSFORMERS AND CALL OF DUTY modes, combined and activated.

*Random mad scientist laugh, duration 1 hour*

(in reply to Zaslon)
Post #: 3
RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns... - 5/4/2017 12:24:04 PM   
Hongjian

What about directed EMP/CHAMP or HPM?

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 4
RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns... - 5/4/2017 3:15:01 PM   
Dimitris

Read that paragraph again...

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 5/4/2017 3:36:35 PM >

(in reply to Hongjian)
Post #: 5
RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns... - 5/4/2017 4:48:40 PM   
Cik

this is going to be really neat. the aircraft damage / comm disruption features make the addition of EMP even cooler. the fact that you can really screw with the datalinking/comms of enemy units is really damn cool.

does this mean by the way that we can actually zap the enemy missile datalinks and render the enemy incapable of using any missile requiring an M-link? I'd laugh pretty hard if this resulted in a new WVR age as comms jamming/DIREMP makes everything that isn't a rugged heatseeker incredibly unreliable.

the lasers will be interesting. they have disadvantages for sure; at least in the near-term I'd never actually solely rely on them and keep at least one gun system for backup. the weather thing.. i hesitate to pin my ability to defend myself against missiles on something that can be rained out.

< Message edited by Cik -- 5/4/2017 4:51:46 PM >

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 6
RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns... - 5/4/2017 6:09:54 PM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cik
-...at least in the near-term I'd never actually solely rely on them and keep at least one gun system for backup

Ask any soldiers about backups, they will answer 2 guns are better than 1.

The better thing is, if you had a buddy, share one of your gun to him and you two can go tag team. But ships and planes cannot share guns (turrets), and must rely on multiple backups in case of any unintended results.

< Message edited by Dysta -- 5/4/2017 6:26:32 PM >

(in reply to Cik)
Post #: 7
RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns... - 5/4/2017 8:49:28 PM   
Dan109

Just read up Boeing's webpage and video about the CHAMP. Holy Crap!! Well, the counter to it is RF shielding. HF microwaves are easy to attenuate. But wow, what an ass pain to have to do that to all of your weaponry's electronics. That certainly will up the ante in the high tech arms race. It might even make some armed forces (including our own) to have vac tub basic backup systems. I can imagine a confrontation with IRAN in 5 years, it would be just like desert storm, but I would think the other super powers will put serious protection around their gear considering this weapon is on the horizon.

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 8
RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns... - 5/5/2017 12:18:07 AM   
DWReese

I want mine NOW!!!!! <lol>
Doug

(in reply to Dan109)
Post #: 9
RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns... - 5/5/2017 6:42:09 PM   
sfbaytf

This is something I'm really waiting for

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns and tactical EMPs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI