Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 - 6/11/2017 7:58:00 PM   
Searry

I have a really hard time nearing turn 10 in keeping a continuous front. The German players just seem to bypass my defences and find another route in the race for Moscow or in the steppes of the south. I can think what the extra 10 divisions could have done to help me since the first HQ assignment is always free. Should I start pumping out divisions now every turn?
Next one is turn 8 I think.
Post #: 1
RE: Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 - 6/12/2017 6:37:27 AM   
sillyflower

APs are better spent on getting command structure sorted out. Paying double price for new divs is a waste of APs especially as the destroyed ones come back apart from ones you can't build anyway.

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to Searry)
Post #: 2
RE: Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 - 6/12/2017 7:15:30 AM   
Stelteck

You will lack men to fill new divisions and without proper training and replacement, divisions have no combat value and will rout at the first sight of panzers.

What do to with AP :
- Choose good leaders for critical armies and fronts.
- Create the support units you will attached to your cavalry corps in december. (Mostly sapper regiments).
- Switch troops in/out armies. I'am moving troops inside and outside armies all the time especially when i want to attack. A counter attack on a german unit can cost me 10 AP because i try to put all attacking divisions under the same good command and i try to not overload armies and fronts to gain maximum leadership bonus.
- Create a good panel of support units for your fighting armies.
- Disband useless stuff.
- Create tactical bombers air squadron. Tactical bombers are far more efficient than level bombers to support your fighting troops and cause damage but you start with few air squads.
- Create UVS air squadron if you are a UVS enthousiast. (But only if you are).
- Sometimes you can built fortified zone to prepare building fortification in advance especially in key cities. (Attach a sapper or construction unit to the fortified zone to start building, fortified zone alone have little construction value).

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 6/12/2017 7:16:23 AM >

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 3
RE: Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 - 6/12/2017 2:50:03 PM   
Searry

So is there a manual reference how to build the guard units and others in '42 or has that been changed as well?

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 4
RE: Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 - 6/12/2017 2:56:39 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Searry

So is there a manual reference how to build the guard units and others in '42 or has that been changed as well?

You may want to look at the patch notes - if it is not in the manual usually it is there.

(in reply to Searry)
Post #: 5
RE: Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 - 6/12/2017 2:57:26 PM   
Searry

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

You may want to look at the patch notes - if it is not in the manual usually it is there.

There's a lot of patch notes to read. I hope they haven't changed a lot.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 6
RE: Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 - 6/12/2017 2:59:27 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

There's a lot of patch notes to read. I hope they haven't changed a lot.

You're right - and the nature of patch notes is they are not user friendly. The game is always far ahead of the latest updated manual unfortunately.

(in reply to Searry)
Post #: 7
RE: Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 - 6/12/2017 3:02:51 PM   
Stelteck

quote:

Guard units are free you only have to be touched by the holy hand of stalin. (Winning battle help getting his full attention).
Others (corps, etc...) are in the manual (unit builtup).

Chapter :
7.5.3.Combat Unit Buildup, Breakdown and Merging

< Message edited by Stelteck -- 6/12/2017 5:47:57 PM >

(in reply to Searry)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI