Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Egypt units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Egypt units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Egypt units - 2/3/2018 10:33:14 AM   
LLv34Mika

Hi everyone

what are your options for Egypt? I've heard of players evacuating the BEF to Egypt but that seems too risky if you ask me. London might fall too easy and the DAK will still be able to deal with the British forces in Egypt. Especially with enough air power and support of some Italian units.

Or do you build an engineer and send the unit to Egypt to build some fortifications and slow down the DAK?

Or do you use the units to attack Algeria and distract the German/Italian units that way?

Only tried some of these options offline but that does not have to work in a pbem game.

Mika

"Oderint, dum metuant."
Post #: 1
RE: Egypt units - 2/4/2018 4:38:22 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Hey

After I've ascertained that The British Invasion isn't happening I start to send resources to Egypt. I think its important to still keep an army in London, Corps in Southern cities, Garrison in Eastern/Northern port cities. I generally also have a tank/AA & maybe HQ from BEF.

Africa Corp arrives I believe the end of 1940. Thats when the fun starts. If you send the Strategic & Maritime Bomber the range will help you recon what the opponent is up to. Use the Strategic Bomber to keep Tobruk port reduced so the Axis has to transport reinforcements to Benghazi. The Axis air is devastating so send AA/ Carriers/fighters. AA & fighter research should both be level 2 by late '40.

Brits have a Naval advantage because of proximity to ports, use navy to reduce morale and supply. If your opponent sends all its bombers its tough to defend. Need to hold off until US arrives.

good luck

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 2
RE: Egypt units - 2/4/2018 5:40:38 PM   
Taxman66

How do you afford all that equipment and have extra to send to Egypt? Not to mention necessary research.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 3
RE: Egypt units - 2/4/2018 6:55:25 PM   
PvtBenjamin

2 Corps/ 1 Army/ 1 HQ from BEF

Strategic & Maritime Bombers are given to Allies

Carriers are given to Allies

AA's are 100 each

BUY Army/Fighter/Tank Full research

Adds up

even room for Diplo

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 4
RE: Egypt units - 2/4/2018 7:22:50 PM   
Taxman66

So no fleet upgrades? ASW, INF weapons, Infantry Warfare, C&C research? Need a 2nd HQ in Egypt too. Not to mention all those Garisons you mention cost 50 each.

I'll admit it's a bit easier with the new setup, saving the UK about 250 MPP (have yet to count it out exactly).

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

Post #: 5
RE: Egypt units - 2/4/2018 7:27:57 PM   
PvtBenjamin

1950 on research

upgrade all units

numbers work

depends what time frame you're talking about, by the time Africa Corp arrives

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 6
Allied Middle East Defense Lost Cause? - 3/18/2018 4:59:50 PM   
elxaime

Curious as to what PBEM strategies work best for defending Middle East as allies. It seems that the UK has to keep enough forces in UK for long enough to deter a Sea Lion. But then it takes so long to shift them to Egypt, which is a major undertaking if the oceans are wolf-pack infested. By the time they arrive the DAK and Italians have submerged the defenders. The issue I see is that the UK is so hard-pressed to keep an edge at sea and avoid an early loss of the Battle of the Atlantic that there is little prospect of holding the Middle East.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Egypt units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI