Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Snoopy 1969

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: The Silent Service >> Snoopy 1969 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Snoopy 1969 - 3/19/2018 8:55:21 PM   
HaughtKarl

I'm having a lot of trouble with the Grisha's who catch a wiff of my scent when I'm creeping up to periscope depth at 3 knots. I was under the impression that Russian sonar in this era was largely crap. According to the database, the Grisha's are equipped with Bull Nose (MGK 335) sonars which have a max range of 15nm. The kicker is that this scenario takes place in '69 but the description of the Bull Nose says it's late 1970s technology.

My second problem is getting a signal from the radars. In some instances I traveled right up the coast line at periscope depth but they are not radiating. Is there something the scenario expects from the player in order to trigger them to radiate?
Post #: 1
RE: Snoopy 1969 - 3/19/2018 9:52:20 PM   
Puciek

I don't know whether they had MGK 335 available back then (I don't think there is a perfect record of when what tech was rolled out) but in that scenario the best way to beat Grisha's is to steer wide away from them. Once they get a whiff of you, it's very much game over and they have a very solid array of sensors, but luckily with not very long range.

As for radars you just have to go along the coastline and get a bit lucky to intercept the radar signal, you only need 10 signals total and there are a lot more stations around the coast.

(in reply to HaughtKarl)
Post #: 2
RE: Snoopy 1969 - 3/20/2018 6:47:13 AM   
Rory Noonan

Hi HaughtKarl,

The Grishas are a challenging bit of kit to go up against for the time the scenario is set in. Best advice is to avoid them entirely and stay outside the range of their sensors.

There's a map of the emitters included with the brief; you don't need to do anything special to get them to emit but you will need to get rather close and terrain could also block LoS under some conditions.

If you feel like something may be bugged or not working as intended please let me know via tech support (this subforum doesn't support upload of saves) and I'll look into it for you

(in reply to Puciek)
Post #: 3
RE: Snoopy 1969 - 4/2/2018 10:57:16 PM   
ultradave

Just playing this one now, and (doh!) I should have read this first. Those Grisha's are REALLY annoying. Easy to tell when they've found you because they follow your every turn like lost puppy dogs.

So, yes. I really need to stay out of their way.

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 4
RE: Snoopy 1969 - 4/3/2018 4:00:58 PM   
ultradave

I have a new strategy for this one. I'll let you know if it works. So far I'm good. We'll see. Haven't gotten to the meaty part yet :-)

----------------
Dave A.

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 5
RE: Snoopy 1969 - 4/4/2018 12:12:56 AM   
ultradave

It worked. I was able to avoid those annoying patrol boats. Mission accomplished. No spoilers. :-)

----------------
Dave A.

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 6
RE: Snoopy 1969 - 4/11/2018 8:46:42 AM   
Galahad78

I'm in dire need of ideas here as I was planning to do an AAR of this scenario but could not get past those patrol boats (and sonobuoys, of course).

Might have to take the long route.

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 7
RE: Snoopy 1969 - 4/11/2018 1:40:21 PM   
BigT0827

I can't seem to get passed this mission even though I collect all the data. Is there a way to manually advance the campaign?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BigT0827 -- 4/11/2018 1:43:34 PM >

(in reply to Galahad78)
Post #: 8
RE: Snoopy 1969 - 4/11/2018 1:43:19 PM   
Puciek

You can load individual scenarios from the scenarios selection. And you need to collect data from 10 radars (i think), more than the POI's you've marked on the map, so for a general idea where they check the map provided in the briefing as it has marked most of the locations. Once you get all of them, you will get a passing score. Oh and make sure to have the latest version installed, as there was a bug before that made progression impossible.

(in reply to BigT0827)
Post #: 9
RE: Snoopy 1969 - 6/15/2018 12:16:25 PM   
FelixCulpa

I had issues getting data from the two sites close together in the east. Think there is a bug.

Check this AAR i put together. I mention the Grisha problem and my proposed solution.

AAR Silent Service

(in reply to Puciek)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: DLCs >> Command: The Silent Service >> Snoopy 1969 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI