Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Feature Request: Multi-Player Resource Allocation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Feature Request: Multi-Player Resource Allocation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Feature Request: Multi-Player Resource Allocation - 3/29/2019 9:32:20 AM   
uneducated

I find that more interest (and enjoyment) in an individual battle is found when it is put into its context. I am not sure how well Close Combat supports multi-player, but what do you think of the following:

Two teams, each of 5 humans, compete against each other. Each team consists of 4 officers and one staff officer.
The staff officer determines which objectives are to be won. The choice of objectives determines which sectors of a large map are used for any combat. In addition to selecting the objectives, the staff officer also assigns both which human officer will attempt to reach those objectives, and the resources (troops) which will be allocated to the human officer.

The choices made by the staff officer would be difficult, as the human officers would all vie for troops. The officers might decide to use up some of their prestige in order to reduce the staff officer's cost of allocating troops.

If the human officers are aware of the significance of the combats being fought by their team members, and even the state of play, they might adjust their tactics during the course of play.

Do you think this system would work? What would be difficult?
Post #: 1
RE: Feature Request: Multi-Player Resource Allocation - 3/29/2019 11:18:12 AM   
shadepiece

That sounds absolutely incredible! I think I could get lost in a mode like that. Let me start off by saying that sounds like it could be pretty damn difficult to implement in the base game, but it could be modded in well enough I would imagine.

You'd have to have the larger maps, although to see if it has any legs under it you'd only need a few really big ones because, as a player it'd probably take quite a few matches to play all the spots on all the maps. Pacing would also have to be looked at pretty intensely. CC games on large maps can take absolutely forever, and keeping 10 players in a match that's slow can really be a challenge.

If done right I think that's a winning idea that I would be ecstatic to try, but I think chances are that it'd have to be a mod.

(in reply to uneducated)
Post #: 2
RE: Feature Request: Multi-Player Resource Allocation - 3/29/2019 12:51:15 PM   
uneducated

I am delighted you like the idea.

The team member who becomes Staff Officer could be the one who accumulates the most prestige. This addition could be viewed as the strategic element of the game. The combats that follow the tactical element.

Officers could perhaps bid amongst each other for each of the available missions allocated by the staff officer. They could bid in an auction format, using their own precious prestige.

In a tournament, the remaining prestige could be used to evaluate players.

(in reply to shadepiece)
Post #: 3
RE: Feature Request: Multi-Player Resource Allocation - 3/29/2019 1:10:18 PM   
ringoblood

delete

< Message edited by ringoblood -- 3/29/2019 1:12:04 PM >

(in reply to uneducated)
Post #: 4
RE: Feature Request: Multi-Player Resource Allocation - 3/29/2019 2:14:07 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: uneducated

I find that more interest (and enjoyment) in an individual battle is found when it is put into its context. I am not sure how well Close Combat supports multi-player, but what do you think of the following:

Two teams, each of 5 humans, compete against each other. Each team consists of 4 officers and one staff officer.
The staff officer determines which objectives are to be won. The choice of objectives determines which sectors of a large map are used for any combat. In addition to selecting the objectives, the staff officer also assigns both which human officer will attempt to reach those objectives, and the resources (troops) which will be allocated to the human officer.

The choices made by the staff officer would be difficult, as the human officers would all vie for troops. The officers might decide to use up some of their prestige in order to reduce the staff officer's cost of allocating troops.

If the human officers are aware of the significance of the combats being fought by their team members, and even the state of play, they might adjust their tactics during the course of play.

Do you think this system would work? What would be difficult?

From many time ago I forget the fantastic and impossible dreams, I prefer the true. Anyway, you have written this 5 years or more later, now the game is in development and perhaps we will have a multiplayer cooperative with two human players vs IA but I am not sure, it was told in some discussion about new features many time ago.

(in reply to uneducated)
Post #: 5
RE: Feature Request: Multi-Player Resource Allocation - 3/29/2019 8:53:51 PM   
shadepiece

Even that would be fun. I'd love to play through a campaign co-op with a friend.

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Feature Request: Multi-Player Resource Allocation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI