Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stalingrad: The GUI Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Desert War 1940 - 1942 >> Future Ideas >> Stalingrad: The GUI Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stalingrad: The GUI Question - 6/2/2019 5:40:48 AM   
bcgames

On the question, "Desert War: Why Didn't You Buy?", Simulacra53 writes:

"Initial graphics.
It was the Escorpion mod that drew my in
I still don’t like the GUI presentation."

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4481109&mpage=4�

So let's start the conversation--In your opinion, how should the Stalingrad GUI appear? Your response will best be understood if you can frame it from one of at least three player-view categories:

a. Stick to the Desert War GUI...everybody who's playin' knows how to work it--"Don't mess with my game play, bro..."

b. I play the game, but the GUI doesn't quite support how I play. Here are my preferred tweaks...

c. I don't play the game because of these horrible GUI transgressions--and here's the list of each and every one of them and how to fix them.

If your response doesn't fit nice and tidy in one of the categories listed above, create a new one and tell us what you think about how the Stalingrad GUI should operate. This is a visual as well as mechanical question so if your words can't quite paint the picture--provide a picture.

I play the game just about everyday so I have "muscle memory" that I can't overcome at this point after many years down the road. We can't fix what we don't know is broken. So, what say you?

Silence is consent.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Post #: 1
RE: Stalingrad: The GUI Question - 6/8/2019 12:48:21 PM   
wodin

Let the player choose the size of the UI. I found it looked big, great for those with poor eyes but it takes to much map and for some reason big text always looks childish erm not serious...

Make UI moddable. So font, text size and colours can be changed. You then give players the tools to make it just right for them.

Use mouse over pop ups, either help\hints or further information.

Finally as few clicks as possible.

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Desert War 1940 - 1942 >> Future Ideas >> Stalingrad: The GUI Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI