Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Increase turns per month?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Increase turns per month? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Increase turns per month? - 10/26/2019 8:48:48 PM   
superman81906

Deciding to make a global WW2 game that you have to win on one turn per month is ridiculous. It's more like a mobile game for your phone. Is the turn time dumbed down for this reason of porting this game to mobile? Is there a mod that is 100% working for the mechanics, research, and combat for this game that doubles or triples the amount of turns per month?

After more experience with the mechanics and time frame as it is currently, it may be the best balance for solo and PBEM play, without excessive micromanagement.

< Message edited by superman81906 -- 10/29/2019 4:59:01 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Increase turns per month? - 10/27/2019 12:04:55 AM   
ThunderLizard11

As a PBEM player I'm fine with the number of turns. A decent game is 100-150 turns as it is.

(in reply to superman81906)
Post #: 2
RE: Increase turns per month? - 10/27/2019 1:45:10 AM   
superman81906

For PBEM this turn system is probably perfect. But up to 150 turns? A 12 year war if playing 1939? Wow

NVM, I see you are talking about the total turn count between both players.

< Message edited by superman81906 -- 10/29/2019 5:01:47 AM >

(in reply to ThunderLizard11)
Post #: 3
RE: Increase turns per month? - 10/27/2019 7:35:11 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Superman81906,

The honest long answer short here is simply that the number of turns in game matches the pace and flow of the war nicely considering all the other applicable factors such as economy, unit movement ranges and so on.

As you've rightly noted to increase the number of turns would require significant changes to the other game mechanics, especially action points and/or combat results/impact would have to be lowered (they would have to be reduced), to make it work with more turns.

Also I believe Thunderlizard refers to the total number of turns in a typical game, i.e. for both sides to play which is exactly 150 total turns if the game were to finish in May of 1945. For comparisons, our War in Europe release has a total of 164 turns for a similar end date, or essentially pretty much the same number of same.

If I can ask, what is your primary concerns with the number of turns? Is it pace? Or something else?

Thanks,
Hubert

(in reply to superman81906)
Post #: 4
RE: Increase turns per month? - 10/28/2019 1:37:38 AM   
Mercutio

I use to worry about the length of turns, but it works here. You would have to
1) Shorten the distance units can move a lot
2) Re-balance combat drastically
3) Adjust research
4) adjust build times

For single player, I hear your argument. With PBEM, this thing takes longer for your kid to get out of diapers, walk, learn to ride a bike. Assuming the person your playing doesn't quit.

It is all good my friend.
Cheers

< Message edited by Mercutio -- 10/28/2019 1:38:09 AM >

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Increase turns per month? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI