Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Italy Becomes a Superpower

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Italy Becomes a Superpower Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Italy Becomes a Superpower - 12/20/2018 5:27:50 PM   
Xenocide

In my current game as the Allies against the AI I put up a stout defense of France into October 1940 and the Italians pushed through and occupied most of southern France while the Germans whittled away the French army. The two met up and German tanks wiped out the defenders of Paris and then an Italian corps took Paris.

Vichy was installed but the Italians are now getting all the income from occupied France. Is this working as intended? Should I expect a tougher Med campaign and a weaker Barbarossa?
Post #: 1
RE: Italy Becomes a Superpower - 12/20/2018 5:46:28 PM   
PvtBenjamin

The country to captures the capital city that leads to defeat gets the points. In your case Italy. Oops.

(in reply to Xenocide)
Post #: 2
RE: Italy Becomes a Superpower - 12/20/2018 5:53:50 PM   
Xenocide

Yeah, the rules were followed. No problem there. Just curious if the AI should have something making sure that the Germans take Paris if at all possible. Not a big deal. Just an observation and I am looking forward to seeing how the game develops.

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 3
RE: Italy Becomes a Superpower - 12/20/2018 6:05:34 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Ahh my mistake I should read threads more carefully. I doubt that it is an intended outcome of the AI that the Italians capture Paris.

(in reply to Xenocide)
Post #: 4
RE: Italy Becomes a Superpower - 12/21/2018 5:02:03 PM   
BillRunacre

I imagine that is a rarity, but thanks for reporting it.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 5
RE: Italy Becomes a Superpower - 12/23/2018 2:08:34 AM   
Fubarno

It’s a good option to keep in game for “what if” outcomes changing history. There isn’t much chance of many other possible situations unless the user or dev makes an alternative history type scenarios. No major power will be kept out of the war, or change allegiance in this, the standard game, no matter what. I was impressed when playing as Axis though. I was able to get Argentina to join the Axis and the Argentine Fascist army, equipped with the latest in Axis weaponry advancements, conquered Uruguay and Brazil.

The funny part of the original post is that the AI Italian forces drove that far into France to take the capital before Germany.

I’m very impressed with the AI and the scenario balance. I’ve been pressed by this AI, particularly on the east front, in ways in which no other grand strategy game AI has managed against me. I’ve got the axis on the run now though using Churchill’s soft underbelly invasion through the Balkans and Italy to relieve the Soviets. We’ll see who can race to Berlin first.

I’ve gained some new perspective on why certain areas were important for the air, sea and land battles of WW2, especially on the Pacific front.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 6
RE: Italy Becomes a Superpower - 12/24/2018 2:20:27 AM   
Xenocide

Just thought I would update how this influenced the game. Barbarossa did look a little weak but was still credible. The Italians and Rommel stalemated the British in Egypt and almost took the country so I think I did see a bit of a shift in economic power. The Americans arrived in Africa in time to flank the army while the South Africans invaded Sicily. When the Italians surrendered France was liberated but this was temporary as the Germans just moved a unit ito Paris and reconquered it.

Built out China’s entire forcepool and they liberated the country, split Manchukuo with the Soviets, took Korea, conquered Indochina, and also liberated Thailand.

I think I overbuilt US carriers. When I invaded Japan I ended up with about 14 of them parked off of Japan bombing their way down the island.

(in reply to Fubarno)
Post #: 7
RE: Italy Becomes a Superpower - 12/24/2018 3:07:44 AM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

The funny part of the original post is that the AI Italian forces drove that far into France to take the capital before Germany.

When I've seen this happen in WiE, the Italians had moved in support of Germany and Germany had taken Paris, but the mechanic is that the unit that ends the turn in Paris [or any captured Resource] owns it. So after Germany takes Paris the turn continues and when it ends an Italian unit is in Paris.

(in reply to Fubarno)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Italy Becomes a Superpower Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI