Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Movement issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Movement issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Movement issues - 12/22/2018 5:57:17 PM   
Cheesehead

I'm playing through my first game against the AI, as the Allies. I notice that some Chinese units can't move into certain hexes. Specifically, the HQ Feng in the north can't move across the river (East) to get closer to the units he is commanding. It is mountainous terrain, but does this mean he can never enter these hexes? There are also some hexes in the south, also mountainous that I can't seem to get units into even though they are adjacent. Would it help if I research mobility and give these units a in mobility?

Thanks

John

You can't fight in here...this is the war room!
Post #: 1
RE: Movement issues - 12/22/2018 6:44:45 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi John

It probably is the case that the HQs lack the Action Points to enter these specific hexes.

Their own supply levels are partially determined by their strength, so reinforcing them to 10 (if they aren't already) will help.

Additionally, you are right about Mobility. I'm not sure I'd make it one of China's priorities for research investment though.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Cheesehead)
Post #: 2
RE: Movement issues - 12/23/2018 3:58:44 PM   
Captjohn757

One thing I have noticed after watching some of the Youtube videos is the failure of Axis players to recognize or comprehend the value of mobility in the Chinese terrain. They complain about the lack of maneuverability, yet consistently fail to research the Mobility tech. Oh, well . . .

In my current playthrough as the Allies, I invested two chits in infantry weapons for the Chinese early on and, as you have suggested, made mobility less of a priority. The first couple of years the Chinese are essentially playing a delaying action and it wasn't until the October, 1941 turn that I had the Chinese invest in mobility. Infantry warfare, logistics and industrial tech were also early research priorities. The end result of this strategy is that the Chinese have gradually begun to sweep east, destroying Japanese units piecemeal and, ultimately, have captured a couple of coastal cities/ports while surrendering little territory. As the Allied player, the goal has to be making the war as expensive as possible for the Japanese, leaving less resources available for their forthcoming conflict with the U.S.

On a side note, I understand in the Beta testing process that there was appreciable debate regarding the Chinese as too strong/too weak, but, as it currently stands, their strength seems just about right.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Movement issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI