Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

switch on off map areas

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> switch on off map areas Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
switch on off map areas - 2/4/2019 6:18:08 PM   
Phoenix100

Is there any way to switch on off-map areas in the smaller scenarios? I note in the Coral Sea scenario, for example, that they are 'switched off'. Is there some way I can switch them on for viewing purposes? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: switch on off map areas - 2/5/2019 5:33:32 AM   
GetAssista

Scenarios have nothing going on outside their designated area. No units, no bases, no activity

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 2
RE: switch on off map areas - 2/5/2019 6:09:52 AM   
BBfanboy

Not sure what you want to use the off-map areas for, but the scenario map is restricted in size by setting that the editor can change. You get more playing area but no help from the areas outside the original borders of the scenario unless you want to go through and add all the stuff in those other bases yourself - i.e. the scenario file lists all the bases and units in play so any outside the borders is likely not usable even if you expand the map size.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 3
RE: switch on off map areas - 2/5/2019 7:27:19 AM   
Phoenix100

Thanks guys. I realise there's nothing out there. I just don't want the Coral Sea map to jerk around so much on 1920x1080, and I could cure this if there was a wider area available to view. BUt I've no idea how to use the editor, so perhaps I'll leave it. Thanks.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 4
RE: switch on off map areas - 2/5/2019 9:08:31 AM   
GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phoenix100
Thanks guys. I realise there's nothing out there. I just don't want the Coral Sea map to jerk around so much on 1920x1080, and I could cure this if there was a wider area available to view. BUt I've no idea how to use the editor, so perhaps I'll leave it. Thanks.

Ah, I'm not sure what you mean by jerking but if it is only a technical issue and you are playing against AI, then you can adjust accessible area in the editor in the "Scenario" tab, Left X / Top Y / Right X / Bottom Y part. Try playing with those params and see if something changes. Save into some empty scenario slot too.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 5
RE: switch on off map areas - 2/5/2019 9:48:58 AM   
Phoenix100

Thanks GetAssista. That works. The jerkiness is because the Coral Sea map is smaller than 1920x1080, so it scrolls in a jerky way if you're using 1920x1080. So I just substituted the settings for a scenario which uses the full map. Now I can scroll freely within the Coral Sea scenario, which now takes place on the full map. But this doesn't affect the AI in any way - that there's now more map available? I mean obviously, there's nothing for the AI to be interested in, no bases, etc, but, for example, for submarine operations the AI now has a much wider canvass to sail in. Will it be tempted to do this? Will it, of its own accord, send sub patrols way off east, out of the Coral Sea operations area, just because all that space out east is now available? Or is the scripting more strict than that?

What I would really have needed to do was add, say, 20 hexes to the western edge only of the Coral Sea map, but I didn't know how the params work to do that. For Coral Sea the stock map params are Left x 88, Top Y 106, Right X 124 and Bottom Y 204. Does anyone know what I should change there, and to what, to add 20 or so hexes to the left (western) edge of the map?

Thanks.

< Message edited by Phoenix100 -- 2/5/2019 9:51:14 AM >

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 6
RE: switch on off map areas - 2/5/2019 10:51:33 AM   
GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phoenix100
What I would really have needed to do was add, say, 20 hexes to the western edge only of the Coral Sea map, but I didn't know how the params work to do that. For Coral Sea the stock map params are Left x 88, Top Y 106, Right X 124 and Bottom Y 204. Does anyone know what I should change there, and to what, to add 20 or so hexes to the left (western) edge of the map?

Scroll in the full map to the position you want to have in Coral Sea, choos the hex you want to have as the top-left and write down its coordinates. Repeat with desirable bottom-right hex. Put coords in the editor

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 7
RE: switch on off map areas - 2/5/2019 2:23:09 PM   
Phoenix100

Ah! Many thanks. Got it.

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> switch on off map areas Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI