Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scalable UI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Scalable UI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scalable UI - 8/20/2018 11:48:04 PM   
Kilovski

Another question. Will the game have a scalable UI for high resolution/4K monitors. Just wondering as with some games when you play at 3840 by 2160 resolution all the buttons and on screen text info etc scales down accordingly and becomes too tiny and illegible. I know games like Total war Warhammer have a scaleable UI, with the user being able to set the UI size with a percentage slider bar so the game is 4K, but the player doesn't have to squint at minute buttons and controls
Post #: 1
RE: Scalable UI - 8/21/2018 3:27:48 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

It uses the same UI system as other Archon games which correctly and reasonably handles 4K and larger resolutions. That said, the UI isn't generally scaleable in the way you describe - if nothing else it is very hard to do on non-modular UIs or those with lots of interlocking information.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to Kilovski)
Post #: 2
RE: Scalable UI - 8/22/2018 10:41:33 AM   
Kilovski

Thanks for getting back to me . By no means a deal breaker, looking forward to the game when its out. Just curious, what other games use the Archon engine?

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: Scalable UI - 8/22/2018 3:24:19 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

FoG2, Sanctus Reach, CC:TBF, Steel Tigers, and another unannounced title.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to Kilovski)
Post #: 4
RE: Scalable UI - 3/29/2019 7:59:49 AM   
uneducated

Viewing the game from different display resolutions ought to be integrated into game development. There are tools to do this for web design. The studio ought to have a 4k monitor, and perhaps 3 linked monitors to see how the product works outside for end users.

Paradox Studio ran into some problems like this (rusader kings ii and stellaris) and tried to retrofix it using scalable fonts for the user interface. It was a quite effective fix.

The Qt interface used by KDE-Plasma and seen on things like high end car user interfaces scales with the display.

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Scalable UI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI