Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't get the start menu when the manual or Strat Guide are open

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Can't get the start menu when the manual or Strat Guide are open Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't get the start menu when the manual or Strat Guide... - 5/17/2019 10:12:01 AM   
Kriegsspieler

Hey, guys, here's a funny little bug that I don't believe I've ever seen before:

If you happen to have either the strat guide or the manual open, then you can't use the desktop shortcut to open the game's start menu. You can still go into the folder and directly launch the exe, of course, but it's kind of odd that having one of the pdfs open prevents accessing the start menu.

FWIW
Post #: 1
RE: Can't get the start menu when the manual or Strat G... - 5/17/2019 12:58:52 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Kriegsspieler,

I'm having a hard time repeating this. If I can ask,

1) Are you launching the PDF files from within the game

or

2) Independently of the game, and then trying to launch the game after the fact?

Hubert

(in reply to Kriegsspieler)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't get the start menu when the manual or Strat G... - 5/18/2019 11:35:45 AM   
Kriegsspieler

Hubert, thanks for the quick reply. I too cannot reproduce this. Sorry for the false notice!

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't get the start menu when the manual or Strat G... - 5/23/2019 11:00:57 PM   
Kriegsspieler

Hubert, for what it's worth, there IS an odd issue here. After exiting the game this morning with the game manual still open in Adobe Reader (I had opened it from inside the game, btw, using the icon on the top right of the screen), I happened to be looking in the Steam library and saw there that the game was supposedly still running. I then checked my Windows Task Manager and it said no, the game wasn't running. But clearly something is going on to make Steam think otherwise.

Life is too short to spend it tracking down such weirdness, but if I can find a more consistent pattern I'll report it.

Post #: 4
RE: Can't get the start menu when the manual or Strat G... - 5/24/2019 3:23:12 PM   
Hubert Cater

From my understanding of how Steam works, anything that is launched as a part of the game, or from the game under Steam, will have Steam think that the game is running. I believe this is just default Steam behaviour for all games.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Can't get the start menu when the manual or Strat Guide are open Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI