Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit Damage Points???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Unit Damage Points??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit Damage Points??? - 5/13/2000 8:00:00 PM   
joblue

My question is, how many points of damage can a unit sustain before being destroyed (ie, a T34 can sustain "xx" damage points before being destroyed), and where can this info be viewed. I know the unit info screen shows the current damage level, but what Im looking for is the total number of "hit/damage points". Thanks for your time and patience!!! Joblue

Post #: 1
- 5/13/2000 8:50:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

ITs not a limit, but an indication or what damage has occured, the more damage a unit has the greater the chance the crew will bail with a hit. Theoretically a tank could survive until all its weapons are gone, its engine has been damaged, then destroyed, it suspension damaged, then destroyed, Even it "tool box" knocked off (a generic term for an "anti critical hit"). Like the Black Knight of Monty Python I've seen an elite crew in a tank with "no arms or legs" maybe 1 MG screaming "COme back, I'll bite your kneecaps off" Sometimes a crew will bail with 1 damage, but can return, othertimes it takes 8 or 9 penetrations to finally wipe it out. The thing to realize is the more damage, the greater the chance the crew will bail.

(in reply to joblue)
Post #: 2
- 5/13/2000 10:05:00 PM   
joblue

Finally, I think it is beginning to sink in...thanks for your patience. Joblue

(in reply to joblue)
Post #: 3
- 5/16/2000 12:45:00 AM   
O de B

for planes, i think the damage number sustainable is 'durability'. At last it was in SP1, guess it's the same here, didn't played enough yet . Damage points are more different for ground units. I guess that for infantry it's the number of men, maybe the same for guns. For vehicles, i usually see my damaged tanks with 1-3 damage points. When destroyed, it usually scores far higher... probably related with the cost of the unit... maybe one half or third or quarter of the cost of unit ?

(in reply to joblue)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Unit Damage Points??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI