Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Marine Tankers Article on Wargamer

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Marine Tankers Article on Wargamer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Marine Tankers Article on Wargamer - 7/22/2003 2:22:17 PM   
KG Erwin

For those who are interested, Wargamer has published my brief two-page survey of Marine armor in WWII. Please check it out and let me know what you think. http://www.wargamer.com/articles/marine_tankers/
Post #: 1
- 7/23/2003 11:34:43 AM   
Randy

Thats a great article. It is interesting to note that the Army's employment of tanks is much different than in the Marine Corps. Another book you might want to check out is:"Marine Tank Battles in the Pacific," by Oscar Gilbert. I also have Estes' book, and it is interesting to see how the Marines during the 50s almost got rid of their tanks when they were taken out of the division TO&E and placed into Force Troops. Thanks for the great article.

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
- 7/24/2003 6:18:42 AM   
tmac

Thanks for that link! As a serving member of the Army, son of a WWII Marine, a wargamer, a history buff, and especially a resident of Syracuse, thanks for educating me about Gunny McCard.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 3
This makes me happy... - 7/24/2003 7:22:16 AM   
KG Erwin

...and I'm glad that I helped bring more attention to an underappreciated aspect of the war in the Pacific. This was exactly what I intended with my humble effort. To Tmac--I submitted an early draft of this article to Bill Wilder, and this led to my participation in the current Mega Campaign. If you have talent in scenario design or writing, this is how you get inside the door. To Randy-- if a Marine approves of what I've written about the Corps, then I've done my job. Thanks for your kind words. Best regards, Glenn.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Marine Tankers Article on Wargamer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI