Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing the default settings in the battle screen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Changing the default settings in the battle screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing the default settings in the battle screen - 7/8/2001 4:12:00 AM   
Cicero

Is it possible to do this? I would like to be presented with different default settings instead of Germany and USSR in June '41 (or whatever it is) The war started in '39 didnt it? ...well it did in my part of the world ;)

Post #: 1
- 7/8/2001 6:35:00 AM   
A_B

all the settings are changeable. for the year/month, click the little up/down arrowheads next to the year or month (these are old 'DOS' type arrowheads, quite different from the windows type icons you youngsters are used to). to change the country, click on the flag of the side you want to change, and then click one of the flags over on the left side of the screen - there are about 30 choices. You can also change the weather (1 through 6, 1 being sunny and 6 being thunderstorm), game length, etc. Good luck

Unconventional war requires unconventional thought

(in reply to Cicero)
Post #: 2
- 7/8/2001 2:01:00 PM   
Cicero

quote:

Originally posted by A_B: all the settings are changeable. for the year/month, click the little up/down arrowheads next to the year or month (these are old 'DOS' type arrowheads,
No, I said default settings ...I know how to change them using the spinners I want to be presented with different dates, times, sides etc to begin with.
quote:

quite different from the windows type icons you youngsters are used to). Good luck
Well I suppose I should be flattered at that. ButI am a long, long, long way from being a youngster. Thanks all the same granma. :D

(in reply to Cicero)
Post #: 3
- 7/9/2001 3:32:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Nearly all the settings in the game can be changed to your liking, Cicero. Specifically what is it you want to change? And are you speaking in terms of scenario design or scenario play? Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Cicero)
Post #: 4
- 7/9/2001 4:27:00 AM   
A_B

quote:

Well I suppose I should be flattered at that. ButI am a long, long, long way from being a youngster. Thanks all the same granma.
granma? i'd make one ugly granma :)

Unconventional war requires unconventional thought

(in reply to Cicero)
Post #: 5
- 7/9/2001 2:00:00 PM   
Cicero

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Nearly all the settings in the game can be changed to your liking, Cicero. Specifically what is it you want to change? And are you speaking in terms of scenario design or scenario play? Wild Bill
I am not making myself clear here, sorry. The default battle generator settings are playe 1 germany, player2 soviets date: June 41. I want to know if there is a file I can edit (an ini file?) that will mean I am presented with different default settings to begin with, say Player 1 poland, player 2 Germany date: sept 39. I know I can click the spinners and the flags to make the changes i want, but I want to be presented with different defaults to begin with...I hardly ever play the Germans! :)

(in reply to Cicero)
Post #: 6
- 7/9/2001 6:13:00 PM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by Cicero: I would like to be presented with different default settings instead of Germany and USSR in June '41...
The default you are asking about cannot be changed by the player. [ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Cicero)
Post #: 7
- 7/9/2001 8:38:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Ah but you can! There is a little file called GAME.ini and if you look at the values and experiment a bit with changing them you CAN change the defaults. I don't have my secret decoder ring handy...but a little trial and error can get the nations

(in reply to Cicero)
Post #: 8
- 7/10/2001 1:55:00 AM   
Cicero

Ahhh superb....not only can I can do what I wanted but I can also have some fun finding out how to do it...I will ask for more instructions if I get stuck....Thanks Paul (and all the others who replied) :p

(in reply to Cicero)
Post #: 9
- 7/10/2001 2:58:00 AM   
Cicero

Didnt take me long to get stuck did it? :( Looks like it should be obvious but I couldnt get it to do what I wanted. Whats the secret code Paul?...come on..you can tell me, I wont tell anyone else...it can be our secret. :D was I looking in the right place?
quote:

# game.ini written by DLL config program GAME_TYPE 0 SCENARIO_NUM 0 LOAD_NUM 0 NAME T2, German vs U.S.Ar, 6/44 CODE code: DDD 800 890170733 MONTH 9 YEAR 39 AUTOBUILD 1 AUTODEPLOY 1 SIDE1P 1 SIDE2P 1 SIDE1NATION 12 SIDE2NATION 11 BATTLE_TYPE 2 MAP_SIZE 0 TIME 5 WATER 0

(in reply to Cicero)
Post #: 10
- 7/10/2001 3:28:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I dunno - I tried to edit and it didn;t work for me either...I thought it did...shows what I knwo sometimes...maybe Tom or Mike can shed some light on it... :o

(in reply to Cicero)
Post #: 11
- 7/10/2001 3:55:00 AM   
Cicero

Well thats a relief, I was starting to feel a bit dim!!

(in reply to Cicero)
Post #: 12
- 7/10/2001 7:41:00 AM   
Warrior

Whew! Sorry to feel good about your failure, but I hate to give wrong info. However, I do hope you can make it do what you want. [ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Cicero)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Changing the default settings in the battle screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI