Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Moving SAM BTY on load up

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Moving SAM BTY on load up Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Moving SAM BTY on load up - 4/16/2021 1:54:09 PM   
FifthDomain

Hi

I'm not sure if this is normal but when I load my scenario I get path finder que's and my THAAD CEC are all trying to move them self's around the map. Is this something I'm doing/not doing. These are located on Okinawa.

Thanks

Sam

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by WSBot -- 4/22/2021 11:38:32 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Moving SAM BTY on load up - 4/16/2021 2:45:36 PM   
thewood1

10,000 units! I'd be surprised if that runs to conclusion. I have a desktop i9-10900k OCed to 5GHz and its barely running it.

On to your issue. You have the SAM batteries all set as a very widespread group with some kind of formation set. Some of the mobile SAM units are trying to get to their stations. Not sure how you managed that or why. From what I can see and know, you only have a few choices:

1) Fix the formation station issues so they don't have to move.
2) Break those very large and distributed groups into smaller and more geographically co-located groups
3) In the Unit Action menu item to put on hold any of those units that are moving.

There might be other actions and reasons, but that's what I see.

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 4/16/2021 2:46:46 PM >

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to FifthDomain)
Post #: 2
RE: Moving SAM BTY on load up - 4/16/2021 3:31:52 PM   
FifthDomain

Thanks for your reply my computer is less powerful than yours but all it does is run this game, lots of units mostly just electronic window dressing. Surprisingly it all runs fine other than when I loaded it today the units started moving about. I think I'll delete them and replace them in smaller groups specifically around airports as recommended. Only other problem I've so far encountered is the ABM overshoot reported on anther thread at one point I had 30-40 Rim-161E SM-3 NTW Blk IIA that had missed a good portion of the DF-26's. Do they set there own formation when I group them all together? I don't recall setting a formation for them only the naval units.

Thanks
Sam

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Moving SAM BTY on load up - 4/16/2021 4:19:43 PM   
thewood1

Couple things to note:

1) The pathing queue in the debug line lists all those SAMs on Okinawa as trying to path to on station. I think thats consuming a lot of cycles for the first 30 minutes or so.
2) Eventually all those mobile units get where they are going. After all those path calculations are done, it frees up a lot of CPU cycles.

I don't think the formations are created like that automatically. They have to be assigned, but I have actually never looked at that before.

As to the ability to play this scenario all the way through, once those units stop moving everything settled down. At start, it was consuming 35-40% of my cpu cycles. Once SAM movement was complete, it dropped to 25-30%. In the start up, my CPU temp. spiked to 80-85 deg. C. on fastest acceleration. Don't think I have run any scenario that did that. For comparison, Operation Brass Drum with 800-1000 units runs at 12% CPU utilization and 55 deg. C.

Post #: 4
RE: Moving SAM BTY on load up - 4/16/2021 5:01:15 PM   
FifthDomain

I appreciate its got a lot of units most will just sit there and look pretty, I just wanted to create an electronics heavy environment for ISR missions, if it starts becoming a real drain I guess ill have to scale back so far when I had about 80 missiles in the air I got one pulse count at 355ms on flame speed. Obviously its not something I'll be looking to release. Mostly ill just be testing stuff out. (I guess the cooling and CPU on my computer.

I've just noticed now that the ships are also trying to leave there group this time from the ocean trader task force for some reason Looks like the SSGN 727 & DDG 130 are trying to get onto the land in China this was 6 hours in on flame speed. I'm pretty sure id set the formation on that TF.

Unrelated and more a question for the development team will this game go 64-bit at some point, would that help with large unit count? Not a complaint in anyway genuinely interested.

Thanks for your time
Sam

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: Moving SAM BTY on load up - 4/16/2021 9:42:12 PM   
thewood1

Well from a realism perspective, I'd be hard pressed to think of a battle or even a theater where 10k units would be active and interactive. And thats not counting weapon launches yet.

Post #: 6
RE: Moving SAM BTY on load up - 4/17/2021 4:59:53 PM   
FifthDomain

I get what your saying not really looking to shoot stuff more along testing ISR assets detection ranges (Visual/Electronic) etc. Or more along the line of can I fly 3x B-1B along China and Russia border without getting detected/shot down or maybe can I get to Beijing from Afghanistan without detection using B-2's. Other than PRC and US everything else is just radars and AD networks that were from import/export. Be very small thing at a time. I tested the AD network on Okinawa against 10x DF-26 Battery's on free fire and it ran ok I don't envision anything more heavy than that shooting wise in actual play.

Sam

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: Moving SAM BTY on load up - 4/22/2021 11:38:45 AM   
WSBot

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Moving SAM BTY on load up Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI