Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supplied against map edge?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Supplied against map edge? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supplied against map edge? - 5/15/2021 6:44:35 AM   
Seminole

Can anyone tell me how the supply/isolation rules work for the map edge in Road to Leningrad?

Should I presume they get replacements?
Post #: 1
RE: Supplied against map edge? - 5/15/2021 1:24:24 PM   
carlkay58

I don't remember the specifics but this is what I do know. During the game the control of the 'edge' of the scenario map changes gradually. If the map hex on the edge is friendly controlled to the 'edge' then it will be a supply line for isolation purposes - i.e. the unit will not be isolated. This also means that, in some cases, it is possible for the Soviets to place units into those hexes as part of the AI line formation routine (aka 'Teleport'). As I said I do not remember the specifics as to where and when but I do know that from Velikie Luki on the edge is Soviet through the entire scenario. The way to control this is to make sure the Axis side converts all of the map edge hexes to friendly.

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 2
RE: Supplied against map edge? - 5/15/2021 4:57:14 PM   
Seminole

I’ll post the AAR soon, we’re on turn 10.
My situation is I’ve launched a counterattack on AGN’s right wing and isolated some units west and southwest of Velikie Luki. 1 was isolated against the map edge on that turn, but the subsequent turn he is supplied. Just wondering how it decides what the path is to a depot.

My ends will be met by any diversion I create in relief, but I wanted to bag them and that appears now impossible. I was wondering his effective replacement rate and if might yet wear him down.

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 3
RE: Supplied against map edge? - 5/15/2021 9:17:50 PM   
Hardradi

Been wondering the same thing. I can see that some of these rail lines have supplies flowing into or up to the map edge and some do not. I cant tell which way they are flowing.

I presume this would mean that supplies can't flow from these "off map" rail hexes into the map where they are not connected to an NSS in the scenario?

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 4
RE: Supplied against map edge? - 5/15/2021 9:20:48 PM   
Hardradi

double post (my first ever ).

< Message edited by Hardradi -- 5/15/2021 9:21:34 PM >

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 5
RE: Supplied against map edge? - 5/15/2021 10:32:28 PM   
xhoel

You can hover your mouse over the off map hex and it will show you who is in control of it. If it is Axis, then your opponent will be supplied. If Soviet, they will not.

AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4488465
WitE 2 Tester and Test Coordinator

(in reply to Hardradi)
Post #: 6
RE: Supplied against map edge? - 5/20/2021 3:39:33 AM   
Hardradi

quote:

ORIGINAL: xhoel

You can hover your mouse over the off map hex and it will show you who is in control of it. If it is Axis, then your opponent will be supplied. If Soviet, they will not.

Thanks, I can see it.

A new one for me. An off map depot in Destruction of the South Western Front scenario. If only I had have seen it before I did all my movement. I cant click on it to change the priority but I can access it via the CR and change the priority there. I wonder if I connect with ZOC to it whether trucks will be sent out from it.

(in reply to xhoel)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Supplied against map edge? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI