Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Australia has its own Bombay problem.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Australia has its own Bombay problem. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Australia has its own Bombay problem. - 5/29/2021 5:22:17 PM   
incbob

Found out Australia has its own Bombay. Well, sort of. Australia is unguardable by the Allies in the 1941 scenario.

= If Australia breaks down her starting Corps she has 8 div. + 1 HQ.
= She has to completely abandon her west coast, including Perth a moral, main supply, size 4 port.
= Even with all of this she does not have enough units to guard the ports on her southeast coast, east coast, and Canberra. She will leave two size 2 ports empty.

As Japan I can walk into 2x size 2 ports with no resistance. This means I can supply 80 STR worth of units. (Size 2 port = 40 supply x 2 = 80).

If that doesn't wet your whistle, I could land to the beaches to the southeast of Canberra. At best it will be held by one unit or Australia is leaving another port wide open. Canberra is a Main Supply, Moral, and Production center. Yes, it would be hard to take, but if you dont' guard it....

quote:

You say but wait the allied fleet will...

Die to the Japanese. Yes, yes it will.

quote:

But the Allies will defend and reinforce...

With what? If I can invade India on February 15th turn. I am thinking I might make it to Australia on January 21st in force. The Allies cannot even send a division until late March and I bet it is actually April.

Post #: 1
RE: Australia has its own Bombay problem. - 5/30/2021 6:11:33 PM   
generalfdog

I said the same thing and yes you can invade both India and Australia but vs a good allied player all that really does is overextend the Japanese so that when the allied counter attack comes you collapse. I don't think Australia is worth it just focusing on India maybe I'm trying that right now

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Australia has its own Bombay problem. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI