Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tutorial/Player's Guide Error?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Tutorial/Player's Guide Error? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tutorial/Player's Guide Error? - 8/31/2003 7:16:05 AM   
stolazi

I'm new to this type of game, so I'm going through the Player's Guide slowly and trying to absorb all the numerical information that affects gameplay (shifts, odds, steps, and so on).

Either I'm doing something wrong (wouldn't be a first) or there is a series of mistakes in the guide. In tutorial 5 (section 6.6--Attacking Undefended Strongpoints) I consistently get odds that are one less than the guide says I should be getting. For example, the second paragraph of the section reads that I should have 8-1 odds when comitting the 3rd Infantry Division to attack the strongpoint. I get 7-1. The third paragraph instructs you to add the 5th ID and the Tank Destroyer Batallion to bring the odds to 10-1+. I get 9-1.

Are these just typos, or am I missing something?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
- 8/31/2003 7:47:45 AM   
BrubakerII

[QUOTE=stolazi]
Are these just typos, or am I missing something?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi Stolazi

Rest assured it it not you it is a typo or two in the tutorial. What is actually happening is that there is a enemy artillery unit within range that is adding a -1 shift to the combats, hence the reason your (and my) odds are one less than printed in the document.

You can see this by looking along the bottom of the Combat Display Area (pg 32 manual). There is a -1 shift there for defender's artillery that for some reason has not been taken into consideration in the tutorials.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

SSG Beta Tester

(in reply to stolazi)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Tutorial/Player's Guide Error? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI