Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Custom layers change cordonate

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Custom layers change cordonate Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Custom layers change cordonate - 11/5/2021 7:46:42 PM   
Norm49

Hi I am working on a scenario using a fictive country (now New Zealand) I want to import custom layer but form military base. I will use base form other country but when I import them it all ways goes to the position of the real base. Is it possible to moue the Custom layers to new coordinate inside my fictive country. I can I do that?

Thanks for your answer.
Post #: 1
RE: Custom layers change cordonate - 11/5/2021 9:39:45 PM   
Kushan04

You can but you need to edit the position in the associated world file. Open it as a text file.

I believe the location there is the top left or top right corner of the image. Will take some trail and error.

(in reply to Norm49)
Post #: 2
RE: Custom layers change cordonate - 11/6/2021 12:35:38 AM   
kevinkins

It really depends on what you are trying to do with the scenario. You can add a single airbase to any part of the world and claim it as friendly. The import is nice, but dated. You can place an airbase on the exact location you want. Don't worry about all the facilities that can be imported. Most of the time they are irelevant within the border scope of the scenario. Single unit airfields are a gem.

< Message edited by kevinkins -- 11/6/2021 1:13:55 AM >

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to Kushan04)
Post #: 3
RE: Custom layers change cordonate - 11/6/2021 1:14:51 AM   
thewood1

I might be wrong, but I think he's talking about the map layer image of an airbase from one part of the world and using it in another. Not necessarily the actual game unit facility.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 4
RE: Custom layers change cordonate - 11/6/2021 12:43:18 PM   
1nutworld

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

I might be wrong, but I think he's talking about the map layer image of an airbase from one part of the world and using it in another. Not necessarily the actual game unit facility.

That's what I understood the question to be. For what it's worth.

USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) 1990-1994.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: Custom layers change cordonate - 11/6/2021 9:11:00 PM   
Norm49

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Yes that was the question. My new problem is after I close the editor all the custom layer I import were remove. Do I have to re import them every time?

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinkins

It really depends on what you are trying to do with the scenario. You can add a single airbase to any part of the world and claim it as friendly. The import is nice, but dated. You can place an airbase on the exact location you want. Don't worry about all the facilities that can be imported. Most of the time they are irelevant within the border scope of the scenario. Single unit airfields are a gem.

Single unit airfield is not good for me since in the scenario the base will be attack. For most of the facility I wanted to add them but that may had been a mistake. I realize now that military base have WAYS MORE building that a thought. I did think abut importing a base for a other country and just move them but I wanted the add level of detail. On thing that i also wanted is army base and industrial complex and near by civilian area to force player to be very careful with the how that attack is perform and what weapon is use.

< Message edited by Norm49 -- 11/6/2021 9:24:08 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 6
RE: Custom layers change cordonate - 11/6/2021 9:53:51 PM   
stww2

quote:

Do I have to re import them every time?

Yes, I believe custom layers have to be manually loaded every time you load the scenario or a save of the scenario.

One thing you might consider if you want to cut down on the number of objects in the scenario (if that is a problem) is to only include the airfield buildings that the player is excepted to attack. Although obviously if you are planning for aircraft to be launched from it you will also need the requisite buildings for the airfield to be operational. But things like fuel tanks, barracks, and administrative buildings, unless targets for the player's or CPU's strikes (depending on which side the airfield is on), are purely window dressing for gameplay purposes, making them prime candidates for removal if scenario performance is becoming an issue.

(in reply to Norm49)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Custom layers change cordonate Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI