Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Skirmish?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm >> Skirmish? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Skirmish? - 1/31/2022 6:56:29 PM   
Asparagin

Dear Devs,

Any chance of getting a skirmish mode any time? Something similar to Armored Brigade where you can choose your map section, battlegroup (based for example on point allocation), fixed or random capture positions.

Would add a lot to replayability.

Cheers!
Post #: 1
RE: Skirmish? - 1/31/2022 7:02:06 PM   
CapnDarwin

As much as we would like to have a "quick battle generator" out of the gate, the way things are currently coded, and the way scenarios are made there needs to be some intelligent design for objectives/mission parameters. It is fast and fairly easy to make a new scenario on any map, and with some of the new features, there are ways to make scenarios have good replayability. Once we get past release and given the direction some of the tools and features are shaking out, we may be able to do something closer to a skirmish generator in the future. It is on our radar and list of cool things we would like to do.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Asparagin)
Post #: 2
RE: Skirmish? - 2/2/2022 5:24:54 AM   
Asparagin

Understood. You can consider it for FC2 then.

Kind regards

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Skirmish? - 2/2/2022 2:02:13 PM   
z1812

I have always felt a Battle Generator to be something I really enjoy in a wargame. It would work very well with the Flashpoint system.

(in reply to Asparagin)
Post #: 4
RE: Skirmish? - 2/5/2022 12:11:08 AM   
CapnDarwin

z1812, It would work well if we did not have an objective/VP location-based scenario system. If it was to pick a map and force structures for both sides and hit play that would be something, but we need to have some objective focus for the battle. Writing code to basically have the AI set parameters would be a bear and then force selection is also not the easiest as players would still need to basically make scenario designer level decisions on forces for both sides. I'm hoping we will get to a point with the game where we can fully package full force setups so that could lead to a better Battle Generator in the future. Most of that stuff will be after release and much later in the year if we can get to it.

Something that would be cool, but also not a day of coding type of job for sure.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 5
RE: Skirmish? - 2/5/2022 3:09:39 AM   
z1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: CapnDarwin

z1812, It would work well if we did not have an objective/VP location-based scenario system. If it was to pick a map and force structures for both sides and hit play that would be something, but we need to have some objective focus for the battle. Writing code to basically have the AI set parameters would be a bear and then force selection is also not the easiest as players would still need to basically make scenario designer level decisions on forces for both sides. I'm hoping we will get to a point with the game where we can fully package full force setups so that could lead to a better Battle Generator in the future. Most of that stuff will be after release and much later in the year if we can get to it.

Something that would be cool, but also not a day of coding type of job for sure.

Hi Capn, Thanks for the reply. It is one thing to ask for features, and of course, easy to ask if you are not the one having to code them. It is encouraging to know it is on your radar.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 6
RE: Skirmish? - 2/5/2022 12:28:10 PM   
CapnDarwin

It is on the radar, and we want to also have a very involved community that can make new scenarios or variations easier than Red Storm even though the scenario editing is deeper than Red Storm. We are focused on both content generation and modding and have some better tools to help with that work.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm >> Skirmish? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI