Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Erratas in the game (not the manual)...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Erratas in the game (not the manual)... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Erratas in the game (not the manual)... - 12/12/2021 2:40:45 PM   
Octavian

Always nice to have a thread like that, i thought, where players can report mistakes in spelling or other more important malfunctions and the like..
Post #: 1
RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... - 12/12/2021 2:43:59 PM   
Octavian

And here the first:

PP-locations in the St.Vith scenario are incorrectly named in the Reports tab. One City is named twice, another one, that has a yellow dot on the map, not at all

(in reply to Octavian)
Post #: 2
RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... - 12/12/2021 2:45:01 PM   
Octavian

Second:
There is no such thing as "Nachtruppen" in the German language. Please correct to "Nachschubtruppen" or what ever they shall represent.

(in reply to Octavian)
Post #: 3
RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... - 12/12/2021 3:12:05 PM   
okeefe

Nachtruppen is a thing, Nachshubtruppen sounds more like reinforcements or supply company. Maybe Nachhut is more used, i think he is trying to make it a rear guard.

(in reply to Octavian)
Post #: 4
RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... - 12/12/2021 3:16:01 PM   
wosung

quote:

Second:
There is no such thing as "Nachtruppen" in the German language. Please correct to "Nachschubtruppen" or what ever they shall represent.

Not very common today, but there is such a thing. Probably short for Nachhut-Truppen (rearguard troops).
It shows how deep Vic got into the Battle of the Bulge, using contemporary battle report terms.

https://lexika.digitale-sammlungen.de/adelung/lemma/bsb00009134_3_1_1322
Adelung, Johann Christoph:Grammatisch-kritisches Wörterbuch der hochdeutschen Mundart, Seb - Z, Leipzig : Breitkopf, später: Breitkopf und Härtel, 1793 - 1801.
Die Truppen
, [711-712] sing. inus. ein gleichfalls aus dem Französischen les Trouppes, aber bereits seit langer Zeit, entlehntes Collectivum, Kriegsvölker zu bezeichnen. Truppen werden. Die Truppen ausrücken lassen. Die Truppen in Schlachtordnung stellen. Die Reichstruppen, Kreistruppen, Hülfstruppen. Die Vortruppen, der Vortrab, die Nachtruppen, der Nachtrab. Man gebraucht es alle Mahl, entweder sehr unbestimmt von Kriegsvölkern überhaupt, oder von der gesammten Kriegsmacht eines Herren, oder doch von einem beträchtlichen Theile derselben. Kleine Hausen Soldaten bekommen, wenn sie bestimmt bezeichnet werden sollen, den Nahmen der Truppen nicht. Übrigens ist das Franz. Trouppes gleichfalls von unserm Trupp.

Also used in WW2
https://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Korps/LXXVKorps-R.htm
Bis zum 18. Juli wurden die Nachtruppen des Korps auf die Linie 2 Kilometer südlich Livorno - 4 Kilometer nordwestlich Fauglia - 7 Kilometer west-südwestlich Pontedera zurückgedrückt.

(in reply to Octavian)
Post #: 5
RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... - 12/12/2021 3:27:55 PM   
Octavian

Allright - I have to take this point. Still it seems to me as a german native speaker a very unusual name and probably wasn´t used as often as in the game.
Nevertheless: u are right, then. Thanks for correcting me.

(in reply to wosung)
Post #: 6
RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... - 12/12/2021 3:34:43 PM   
wosung

Sounded not quite familiar for me too. So I just googled it.

(in reply to Octavian)
Post #: 7
RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... - 12/12/2021 3:42:06 PM   
nikdav

We find that in the "Vocabulary of German Military Terms and Abbreviations_10927810"

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Octavian)
Post #: 8
RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... - 12/18/2021 8:20:08 AM   
Octavian

A "Nachtrupp" is a word, that mainly only exists in its singular form. There is no plural like "Nachtruppen"

Compare "Nachtrupp" to the word rearguard. I am german native and never heart of "Nachtruppen" (plural) in my whole carreer of wargaming or reading military books. The word might exist in some strange lexikon of the wehrmacht but it isn´t and wasn´t used in broader sense, I can assure you.

(in reply to nikdav)
Post #: 9
RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... - 12/19/2021 5:03:42 PM   
nikdav

Thanks, now i understand what you mean, and make more sense as rear area German term , i can correct nachtruppen to nachtrupp asap !

Davide

(in reply to Octavian)
Post #: 10
RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... - 12/19/2021 5:13:49 PM   
Jagger2002

quote:

Thanks, now i understand what you mean, and make more sense as rear area German term , i can correct nachtruppen to nachtrupp asap !

Have you considering just calling them REMFs?

(in reply to nikdav)
Post #: 11
RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... - 12/19/2021 6:25:50 PM   
Tempest5

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jagger2002

quote:

Have you considering just calling them REMFs?

HAHAHAHA Smoking cigarettes, eating pie and drinking coffee in the mess..planning strategies and talking trash.

Fond memories

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 12
RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... - 12/19/2021 6:57:22 PM   
Jagger2002

quote:

Fond memories

(in reply to Tempest5)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Erratas in the game (not the manual)... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI