Erratas in the game (not the manual)... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive

Octavian -> Erratas in the game (not the manual)... (12/12/2021 2:40:45 PM)

Always nice to have a thread like that, i thought, where players can report mistakes in spelling or other more important malfunctions and the like..

Octavian -> RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... (12/12/2021 2:43:59 PM)

And here the first:

PP-locations in the St.Vith scenario are incorrectly named in the Reports tab. One City is named twice, another one, that has a yellow dot on the map, not at all

Octavian -> RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... (12/12/2021 2:45:01 PM)

Second:
There is no such thing as "Nachtruppen" in the German language. Please correct to "Nachschubtruppen" or what ever they shall represent.

okeefe -> RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... (12/12/2021 3:12:05 PM)

Nachtruppen is a thing, Nachshubtruppen sounds more like reinforcements or supply company. Maybe Nachhut is more used, i think he is trying to make it a rear guard.

wosung -> RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... (12/12/2021 3:16:01 PM)

quote:

Second:
There is no such thing as "Nachtruppen" in the German language. Please correct to "Nachschubtruppen" or what ever they shall represent.

Not very common today, but there is such a thing. Probably short for Nachhut-Truppen (rearguard troops).
It shows how deep Vic got into the Battle of the Bulge, using contemporary battle report terms.

https://lexika.digitale-sammlungen.de/adelung/lemma/bsb00009134_3_1_1322
Adelung, Johann Christoph:Grammatisch-kritisches Wörterbuch der hochdeutschen Mundart, Seb - Z, Leipzig : Breitkopf, später: Breitkopf und Härtel, 1793 - 1801.
Die Truppen
, [711-712] sing. inus. ein gleichfalls aus dem Französischen les Trouppes, aber bereits seit langer Zeit, entlehntes Collectivum, Kriegsvölker zu bezeichnen. Truppen werden. Die Truppen ausrücken lassen. Die Truppen in Schlachtordnung stellen. Die Reichstruppen, Kreistruppen, Hülfstruppen. Die Vortruppen, der Vortrab, die Nachtruppen, der Nachtrab. Man gebraucht es alle Mahl, entweder sehr unbestimmt von Kriegsvölkern überhaupt, oder von der gesammten Kriegsmacht eines Herren, oder doch von einem beträchtlichen Theile derselben. Kleine Hausen Soldaten bekommen, wenn sie bestimmt bezeichnet werden sollen, den Nahmen der Truppen nicht. Übrigens ist das Franz. Trouppes gleichfalls von unserm Trupp.

Also used in WW2
https://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Korps/LXXVKorps-R.htm
Bis zum 18. Juli wurden die Nachtruppen des Korps auf die Linie 2 Kilometer südlich Livorno - 4 Kilometer nordwestlich Fauglia - 7 Kilometer west-südwestlich Pontedera zurückgedrückt.

Octavian -> RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... (12/12/2021 3:27:55 PM)

Allright - I have to take this point. Still it seems to me as a german native speaker a very unusual name and probably wasn´t used as often as in the game.
Nevertheless: u are right, then. Thanks for correcting me.

wosung -> RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... (12/12/2021 3:34:43 PM)

Sounded not quite familiar for me too. So I just googled it.

nikdav -> RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... (12/12/2021 3:42:06 PM)

We find that in the "Vocabulary of German Military Terms and Abbreviations_10927810"

[image]local://upfiles/28585/F53C19CECAA24A489A2AB1ED1321F6BA.jpg[/image]

Octavian -> RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... (12/18/2021 8:20:08 AM)

A "Nachtrupp" is a word, that mainly only exists in its singular form. There is no plural like "Nachtruppen"

Compare "Nachtrupp" to the word rearguard. I am german native and never heart of "Nachtruppen" (plural) in my whole carreer of wargaming or reading military books. The word might exist in some strange lexikon of the wehrmacht but it isn´t and wasn´t used in broader sense, I can assure you.

nikdav -> RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... (12/19/2021 5:03:42 PM)

Thanks, now i understand what you mean, and make more sense as rear area German term , i can correct nachtruppen to nachtrupp asap !

Davide

Jagger2002 -> RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... (12/19/2021 5:13:49 PM)

quote:

Thanks, now i understand what you mean, and make more sense as rear area German term , i can correct nachtruppen to nachtrupp asap !

Have you considering just calling them REMFs?

Tempest5 -> RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... (12/19/2021 6:25:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jagger2002

quote:

Have you considering just calling them REMFs?

HAHAHAHA Smoking cigarettes, eating pie and drinking coffee in the mess..planning strategies and talking trash.

Fond memories[:D]

Jagger2002 -> RE: Erratas in the game (not the manual)... (12/19/2021 6:57:22 PM)

quote:

Fond memories
[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI