Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What are the rail repair rules?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> What are the rail repair rules? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What are the rail repair rules? - 1/27/2022 9:04:00 AM   
Solaristics

The manual says 3 rail hexes per turn if they are in supply (I forget the supply threshold - perhaps 5). If you have more than 3 how are these chosen?

The reason I ask is that advances in China can generate several scorched earth sabotaged rail hexes per turn and getting them fixed is the priority, rather than some backwater rail hexes on a disused rail branch. If repair is random, that means putting guards spaced two hexes apart along the whole occupied rail network - even if you don't need some branches - just to make sure you have the repair capacity for the front line.

It would be nice to perhaps have engineers be able to make a rail repair, or direct one of the 3 repairs per turn to their hex, or have some other way of prioritising particular hexes for repair.
Post #: 1
RE: What are the rail repair rules? - 1/27/2022 1:54:11 PM   
AlvaroSousa

The rail repairs from the supply head of 9, then once that is repairs it looks for the next rail in line. It is done automatically.

The saboteurs and partisans are all part of the serious issue of supply the Axis had during the war. They were a lot more relevant than people think. Most of the time they just impact the supply level of a hex. On very rare occasions they get lucky and cut off a front for a turn.

Placing a unit in a key juncture prevents within a 1 hex radius any damage. It also prevents within a 5 hex radius any partisan units.

Right now the system works pretty well with enough hindrance based on how much the Axis want to commit to protecting their supply lines without chasing down partisans each turn.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to Solaristics)
Post #: 2
RE: What are the rail repair rules? - 1/27/2022 2:19:31 PM   
Solaristics

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

The rail repairs from the supply head of 9, then once that is repairs it looks for the next rail in line. It is done automatically.

The saboteurs and partisans are all part of the serious issue of supply the Axis had during the war. They were a lot more relevant than people think. Most of the time they just impact the supply level of a hex. On very rare occasions they get lucky and cut off a front for a turn.

Placing a unit in a key juncture prevents within a 1 hex radius any damage. It also prevents within a 5 hex radius any partisan units.

Right now the system works pretty well with enough hindrance based on how much the Axis want to commit to protecting their supply lines without chasing down partisans each turn.

I'm talking specifically about rail damage caused by scorched earth.

That can't be prevented by any measures as far as I am aware.

I have situations where 4 hexes in a row are damaged on a line cutting a front off from supply for several turns.

My question was since only a fixed number of hexes (3) are repaired per turn, how are they selected? It would be nice to be able to direct repairs to key hexes rather than have the game randomly select some non-essential branch line hexes that have been sabotaged because they weren't worth garrisoning.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 3
RE: What are the rail repair rules? - 1/27/2022 9:27:11 PM   
Remington700

The last update changed the repair rate from 3 continuous hexes to 2 hexes. You can repair more than a total of two hexes (or three before the patch). It could be many more, they just need to be next to a rail that has level 9 supply - meaning the rail line must connect unobstructed to either a supply source or a port.

Post #: 4
RE: What are the rail repair rules? - 1/27/2022 10:04:04 PM   
Solaristics

quote:

ORIGINAL: Remington700

The last update changed the repair rate from 3 continuous hexes to 2 hexes. You can repair more than a total of two hexes (or three before the patch). It could be many more, they just need to be next to a rail that has level 9 supply - meaning the rail line must connect unobstructed to either a supply source or a port.

Thanks for the reply. If I understand what you are saying, then every damaged rail hex next to a level 9 supply hex will repair every turn plus any damaged hex adjacent to one of those repaired hexes so long it is on the same line. Is that correct?

(in reply to Remington700)
Post #: 5
RE: What are the rail repair rules? - 1/28/2022 1:43:06 AM   
Remington700

Correct

Post #: 6
RE: What are the rail repair rules? - 1/28/2022 2:28:26 AM   
ago1000

I don't believe that is correct. The rail repair rate for the scenarios is 1 so only those damaged rail hexes adjacent to a level 9 rail will repair. If you go into the editor and the campaign info tab (top left), you will find the repair rate for the scenario. When I went into the China 1937 and Pacific 1941 they were both set to 1. The pic below shows only those adjacent to level 9 rail would repair.

If it were set to 2, then what you said above would be true.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7
RE: What are the rail repair rules? - 1/28/2022 10:28:20 AM   
Solaristics

quote:

ORIGINAL: ago1000

I don't believe that is correct. [snip]

Useful data, thanks.

(in reply to ago1000)
Post #: 8
RE: What are the rail repair rules? - 1/28/2022 12:58:47 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Very likely I changed the repair rate for the Pacific. I am not at my computer to check. It might be 1 because 1 hex = 4 Euro hexes.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

Post #: 9
RE: What are the rail repair rules? - 1/28/2022 9:15:28 PM   
Remington700

Got it - my mistake. I am talking about the 1941 scenario - it is working correctly.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Remington700 -- 1/28/2022 9:20:00 PM >

(in reply to ago1000)
Post #: 10
RE: What are the rail repair rules? - 1/28/2022 10:50:04 PM   
Solaristics

quote:

ORIGINAL: Remington700

Got it - my mistake. I am talking about the 1941 scenario - it is working correctly.

Thanks for posting this, I'm playing the 1942 scenario.

Post #: 11
RE: What are the rail repair rules? - 1/31/2022 4:18:00 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Rail repair rate is 1 in Pacific because the hexes are equal to 4 European hexes = 2 rail repair rate for Europe.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

Post #: 12
RE: What are the rail repair rules? - 1/31/2022 6:17:05 PM   
Remington700

quote:

ORIGINAL: ago1000

It appears two or more contiguous hexes can be repaired if each hex is adjacent to a level 9 railroad. In your example, if the partisan unit did not cut the line to Nanking would both of the adjacent hexes have been repaired? Or would rail lines need to come from separate supply sources to repair two or more hexes?

It appears partisan attacks happen between every turn while rail repair only occurs after the end of the current players turn. Can this be verified?

<edited to correct my questions>

< Message edited by Remington700 -- 1/31/2022 6:24:48 PM >

(in reply to ago1000)
Post #: 13
RE: What are the rail repair rules? - 2/1/2022 2:30:47 AM   
ago1000

contiguous - share the border with a level 9 rail(ie. non damaged really),. - so yes it will repair. I can confirm that.

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> What are the rail repair rules? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI