Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

They Just Keep Coming! - Another New (and different) Campaign!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> They Just Keep Coming! - Another New (and different) Campaign! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
They Just Keep Coming! - Another New (and different) Ca... - 7/26/2001 10:59:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Good news, fellow warriors! Kurt Beaumont-Jones has just completed a fine seven battle campaign on the fighting in the Balkans late in World War II. This campaign is well done and has been tested by some of the best testers you'll find anywhere. Special thanks to Steve Avery and Ykinoma for their hard work on the testing. Fabio Prado, who is always standing on the firing line has put this campaign up on his site. http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/spwaw_camps.htm Of course, he has embellished it with his magnificent artwork. This always adds to the appeal. While you are there, take a quick tour of all that Fabio has. It is a treasure house of things that wargamers will enjoy. It is fun just to browse through the site...very eye-appealing too! So grab this one guys! Its hot! Nice job, Kurt! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 7/26/2001 11:00:00 AM   
Wild Bill

This campaign goes into slot 16 in your campaigns directory, just in case you already have something there. Unzip the file directly into the campaigns subdirectory and be sure and read the text files Kurt has attached. WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 7/26/2001 12:33:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Bumpo!

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 7/26/2001 1:00:00 PM   
Fabio Prado

Thanks for the kind words, WB! :D To the rest of you folks, you really should give this one a try! It is a most interesting campaign... And very challenging, too! :cool: http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/spwaw_camps.htm Fab [ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: Fabio Prado ]

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 7/26/2001 4:02:00 PM   
Dedas

Great! A new campaign to get my greedy hands on... and oh... good work!

Glory to the brave

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 7/26/2001 8:26:00 PM   
Warrior

This campaign drove me nuts during testing! I guarantee you won't have an easy time of it!! :eek:

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 7/27/2001 3:23:00 AM   
RockinHarry

Thanks,..Dll´d it. Will most likely be the next to play after I finished with the Huertgen Campaign. :) (..darn I need more time :eek: ) _______ Harry [ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: RockinHarry ]

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
- 7/27/2001 12:45:00 PM   
Fabio Prado

Bump!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
- 7/27/2001 3:38:00 PM   
Marder_MatrixForum

Just finished the third battle, will write you a campaign test report if you like in the next few days. Please give me some turns more in the first two battles, my infantry is too slow (they just receive half of their movment points per turn - although there is no snow ??) to reach the objectives! As i´ve seen yet a vvery well done campaign! Very enjoyable! :) Mardefr

"klotzen nicht kleckern"
(H.Guderian)

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 9
- 7/27/2001 5:35:00 PM   
kurtbj

The first battle is very hard to capture all the objectives, only 2 people have managed it so far. It can be done but its very difficult. Second battle is slightly easier but again you need to keep those troops moving. The campaign is hard, I don't expect many people to get Decisives on all the battles. See it as a challenge! :)

'Great Sage Equal of Heaven'

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 10
- 7/27/2001 5:38:00 PM   
kurtbj

About the troops having half movement. If I'm not mistaken this is because the map is created with the 'ROUGH' terrain template. Maybe someone more experienced in scenario design has more info on this? I'm new and pretty inexperienced in scenario design and its finer details. :p

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 11
- 7/27/2001 8:59:00 PM   
Warhorse

Kurt. yes the movement is slow, because it is entered as a winter map!! Just need to resave the scenario as a summer map, and should fix that!! Pain in the butt, I know, but only thing you can really do.

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 12
- 7/27/2001 9:54:00 PM   
kurtbj

The map isn't a SUMMER terrain map, its ROUGH terrain. I think this will reduce the movement points. The rerrain is rough so it should reduce movement. Does Rough terrain have the same effect as Winter terrain on movement?

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 13
- 7/27/2001 11:14:00 PM   
Warhorse

Hmm, the terrain depictor in the top right corner while playing, is Winter, don't think the rough one also uses the winter scene?? But to answer your question, the rough does limit the movement also. I just thought, that when you used the winter terrain to add the winter trees you have here and there, that you may have forgotten to change it back to the rough/Summer, whichever?

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> They Just Keep Coming! - Another New (and different) Campaign! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI