Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MC, need help on the use of HQ's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MC, need help on the use of HQ's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MC, need help on the use of HQ's - 7/31/2001 11:50:00 PM   
Enric

I'm novice at SPWAW, so maybe my questions are silly ones. In the first scenario: 1) what is the use of units like J0> 5th Leichte?. 2) I noticed that indirect fire ordered by SPW 253 Beob gets less delay than ordered by A0> HQ, is SPW 253 a FO unit? how can I know which units are FO?.

Post #: 1
- 8/1/2001 12:24:00 AM   
TheZel66

Regarding SPW 253 Beob, ive always wondered what good it was. Is it a mobile forward observer?? If so, I need to use it more when it is available..

(in reply to Enric)
Post #: 2
- 8/1/2001 12:31:00 AM   
SAMWolf

quote:

Originally posted by TheZel: Regarding SPW 253 Beob, ive always wondered what good it was. Is it a mobile forward observer?? If so, I need to use it more when it is available..
The SPW 253 Beob is a FO unit. It can usually bring artillery fire down at the end of the same turn it's called.

(in reply to Enric)
Post #: 3
- 8/1/2001 2:11:00 AM   
Larry Holt

Any unit ending in zero is a leader unit and it can rally units under it (J0 can rally J1, J2, etc.). In this regard it gives units a second chance to rally if their organic leader fails. Note that snipers are all zero units so they get two chances to rally themselves!

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Enric)
Post #: 4
- 8/2/2001 10:45:00 PM   
Enric

quote:

Originally posted by Larry Holt: Any unit ending in zero is a leader unit and it can rally units under it (J0 can rally J1, J2, etc.). In this regard it gives units a second chance to rally if their organic leader fails. Note that snipers are all zero units so they get two chances to rally themselves!
But in that case J0 it´s the only unit "J", and it's not a sniper....

(in reply to Enric)
Post #: 5
- 8/2/2001 11:09:00 PM   
Grimm

I am guessing it is the leader for the company. There are probably two or three platoons attached to that leader (K0-K3, L0-L3, etc.). If I understand how C&C works the following could happen: Lets say K2 fails a rally. That unit could then attempt to rally under K0. If that also fails, I believe it will attempt to rally under J0 then. If that were to fail, then it would try under A0. This assumes A0, J0 and K0 are close enough and in contact to help out K2. Hope this helps (and is correct! :D ).

Its what you do
and not what you say
If you're not part of the future
then get out of the way

(in reply to Enric)
Post #: 6
- 8/3/2001 4:28:00 PM   
Enric

quote:

Originally posted by Grimm: I am guessing it is the leader for the company. There are probably two or three platoons attached to that leader (K0-K3, L0-L3, etc.). If I understand how C&C works the following could happen: Lets say K2 fails a rally. That unit could then attempt to rally under K0. If that also fails, I believe it will attempt to rally under J0 then. If that were to fail, then it would try under A0. This assumes A0, J0 and K0 are close enough and in contact to help out K2. Hope this helps (and is correct! :D ).
Thank you.

(in reply to Enric)
Post #: 7
- 8/4/2001 12:37:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Actually the J0 unit is there more for color than for utility. In some scenarios in MCNA, even Herr Rommel will put in an appearance. These upper command units will do little as far as control and command. The key unit for that is the A0 Unit (Oberst Dietsl..if he is still alive - :eek: or his replacement). So HQ 5th Leichte Division while exercising limited command control is more eye candy than anything else. It adds a little historical flavor to the game, Enric...Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Enric)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MC, need help on the use of HQ's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI