Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Success Installing SPWaW!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Success Installing SPWaW! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Success Installing SPWaW! - 8/3/2001 10:23:00 PM   
Barry Wilson

Guys, it's up and running beautifully! I've got version 5.01 going, and now I intend to install all the upgrades in their proper order (5.02, 5.03, 6.01) within a day or two. It feels familiar (like the old Steel Panthers I, II, and III), but fellas this is indeed a different breed of cat to be sure. In some ways it's overwhelming (the detail), but a feast for both the eye and mind indeed. Great Scot! the number of scenarios included in the game is enough to keep you busy for a long time, not to mention campaigns, design your own, etc. Hopefully, I'll soon order the Mega Campaigns; that's my intention. So far I've only seen them advertised as being attached to various full versions of the game; can they be purchased separately? Or, perhaps, can one be selective on such installs, e.g. install the Mega Campaign instead of the particular game version included on the disk? Anyway, I am very, very impressed. SSI has sure missed out on something here. I'm glad Matrix had the vision and foresight to go for this. It's so good to see an excellent game preserved and improved rather than be consigned to the dust bin of great but passing games. Bravo Matrix!

Post #: 1
- 8/4/2001 1:39:00 AM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

quote:

Originally posted by Barry Wilson: Hopefully, I'll soon order the Mega Campaigns; that's my intention. So far I've only seen them advertised as being attached to various full versions of the game; can they be purchased separately
Hello Barry, technically speaking, the Mega Campaigns are sold seperately, it just happens that the free downloadable SPWAW is also included. When installing MCNA, I have also installed SPWAW on my system. However, since there is one screen were you can choose what MC you want to play (currently, of course, only the MCNA can be choosen) is suspect that it should be possible to have several MCs in one spwaw installation. However, there is - as far as I know - no "full version" of SPWAW other than the free version you can download. The only difference of the version installed from my MCNA CD is that I am able to play the mega campaign.. Kind regards, Roland [ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: RolandRahn ]

(in reply to Barry Wilson)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Success Installing SPWaW! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI