Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Spanish Civil war scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Spanish Civil war scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spanish Civil war scenario - 2/13/2004 11:51:33 PM   
Guiri roig

Hi,
I've just posted a test version scenario of the battle of Jarama, or more precisely the bit of it that was fought by the British Battalion. It'll be on wargamer.com's Games Depot as soon as they clear it.
25 turns long, about 600 republican troops against 1,000 or so Nationalists, a low tech infantry battle. Let me know about whatever improvements are needed.
All the best,
el guiri roig.

(this is my new name, my previous incarnation has somehow disappeared from the forum)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. (Ian Dury)
Post #: 1
RE: Spanish Civil war scenario - 2/14/2004 1:34:30 PM   
Guiri roig

Whoops, it seems I jumped the gun. The scenario is still in quarantine, I've got no idea when Games Depot will release it. I've written to them, maybe you seasoned vets are familiar with the situation. I suppose it'll turn up, but don't hold your breath!
Salud!
Guiri roig.

(in reply to Guiri roig)
Post #: 2
RE: Spanish Civil war scenario - 2/15/2004 11:59:31 AM   
Secapra

Great news that you are working on this area.I have just finished reading "The Irish and the Spanish Civil War" by Robert Straddling and I am looking forward to playing your scenario.

Secapra

(in reply to Guiri roig)
Post #: 3
RE: Spanish Civil war scenario - 2/15/2004 12:17:49 PM   
Secapra

Glad to say your scenario is now available and looks good.Haven't played it through yet.Just for your information it downloaded with a name not a number (as in scen325 etc) attached to it.I don't know if this was intended or not, but it made me read your useful readme that came with it.Please keep doing these scenarios as I find this period fascinating.

Secapra

(in reply to Secapra)
Post #: 4
RE: Spanish Civil war scenario - 2/16/2004 11:44:30 AM   
Guiri roig

Hi,
Good to find someone else interested in the SCW! I'll be doing more scenarios, I think I'll go for Brunete next, although I've got absolutely no idea when I'll have it ready. Hopefully by Easter.
I changed the scenario from a number (325 in my 'Scen') to a name, to make it easier to find when you save it.
Let me know if there are any changes necessary, as I've said, I'm out of practice and I'm sure there's something, somewhere, that won't work properly.
By the way, in the Read This section I mentioned the Dombrowskis, it should be the Dimitrovs. Mea culpa.
All the best.

Guiri Roig

(in reply to Secapra)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Spanish Civil war scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI