Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

new scenario uploaded

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> new scenario uploaded Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
new scenario uploaded - 5/30/2000 9:31:00 PM   
talon

Wild Bill as you have adviced yesterday I have uploaded my second scenario today (Bridge at Hammermuhle). I would be happy to here any coments from anybody on it . Today I have also updated my first scenario but I only changed the text file . Any comments on this scenario (Auf zum Ruhm) would also be welcome . Again I want to thank you at matrixgames for such a great work and I will definetly continue to play and design scenarios for this game for a long time !!

Post #: 1
- 5/30/2000 11:19:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Good. I'm glad you posted this announcement. All of you designers, feel free to put up a brief announcement as Talon has done when you upload to the Depot. That way we know something new is there. I'll check it out, buddy...WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to talon)
Post #: 2
- 5/30/2000 11:31:00 PM   
Seth

I'm glad to see a new scenario, but why am I getting 6-8 messages saying it's been uploaded? This has happened before. When WB uploaded one of the early scenarios, I got announcements all day. I don't want to have to (just got another one, grrr,) unsubscribe.

(in reply to talon)
Post #: 3
- 5/31/2000 3:10:00 AM   
talon

Seth I think this has something to do with the uploading process . When I tried to upload it I lost the connection two times and I got 3 messages that something was wrong until I finally got the message that everything was working . So I think everytime these uploadmessages where created . I had encountered these multiple messages also with Private Ryan Scenario from Wild Bill before and asked myself why this happend but after I tried to upload my and got all these messages myself I think I will be more careful with my next upload and try to get it trough with one try

(in reply to talon)
Post #: 4
- 5/31/2000 6:11:00 AM   
Wild Bill

For some reason you guys have loaded those scenario over and over again. There were three copies of one and four of another. It took some doing to get rid of the extra ones. That is why you got so many notices. You got one for every time you loaded the scenario into the depot, both of you...(G) The depot, since there were so many, did not want to load any of them. Next time, just load it once. Then write me and let me know. Even if you think it did not go through, write me and let me check. That will mean less notices for you and a whole lot less work for me. Thanks..WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to talon)
Post #: 5
- 5/31/2000 9:45:00 AM   
Bing

Talon - I posted to the List, but since you asked about the Bridge at Hammermuhle scenario, I'll repeat: I enjoyed playing this scen, but what do I have to do to win? I occupied every Victory Hex by turn 8, I pushed the Poles completely out of the bridgehead, my kill ratio was about 4 to 1. I got a Draw. Do the Victory Hexes count for anything? I've had this happen in a couple of other scenarios, seems to me this shouldn't happen. What else could I have done??? I have the last turn saved, if you want it. Thanks for your interest, Byron Inglesh

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to talon)
Post #: 6
- 5/31/2000 12:10:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Victory, Byron, is determined by three elements: 1. The objectives. Those you take are your points. Those you don't, go to the enemy. 2. How many of the enemy did you neutralize? Killed sounds harsh, but it is war. How many kills did you get? They are worth points. 3. How many units did you lose? Those points will count against you. The computer totals these and determines victory on a ratio of < 3-1, a draw > 3-1, a minor victory > 8-1, a decisive victory Now with a four to one ratio of kills and owning all objective hexes, sounds like a decisive victory. The key here I think is the value of the objective points. They can be varied from 0 to 250 points each. In a larger scenario, it is important to set the points higher in proportion. What proportion? Hard to say. You do it largely by feel, or at least I do. Too many points, and its too easy. Too few, and its impossible. And that ability will only come with time and practice of the game. Personally, no matter what the computer screen says, It sounds like victory to me and it should feel like it to you. In Angels of los Banos, the most important thing is to rescue the prisoners with a mimimum of loss. When I play it, I look at the end of the game to see how many prisoners were killed and how many I evacuated back to the beach. I don't even look at the computer grading. If I have lost more than 10 prisoners, I feel I have failed. Their security is the top priority in the mission. That was historical. Since you can't portray those kind of victory conditions, you just set them for yourself. In SPR, the victory conditions are two fold, keep the bridge in Allied hands, and keep Private Ryan alive. If I do those things in that scenario, I have won (according to Stephen Spielberg (G). So don't let that final tally screen spoil your moment. You know it. I know it. That is enough. Never have put much trust in the TOP Brass AAR anyway Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to talon)
Post #: 7
- 5/31/2000 1:45:00 PM   
Voriax

Talon, your 'Bridge at Hammermuhle' is a neat little one But... At the moment it doesn't really work when you play Poles. At least it didn't work for me. I scored only a marginal victory in points because Germans had the flags on the bridge. Kill ratio was about 8:1 though. The assault boats sink sooooo easily. the problem was that all German vehicles clustered in the couple hexes immediately below the western end of the bridge. My guess is that after the bridge flags are taken the AI driven vehicles try to find closest point to the next flag, and the flag happens to be below the bridge level but on the east side. And as the shoreline is so formed that the tanks are closer to flag below that bridge and not at the start of the bridge they get 'stuck' I'd suggest you try reshaping the west bank of the river around the bridge is such way that the land where the bridge starts form a little 'bump' towards the east, thus kinda funneling the vehicles onto that bridge and across. Heh, I couldn't even try retaking the bridge flags because all of those tanks at the other bank... I think that you may only need to touch three hexes, the one at the west end of the bridge and the ones north and south of it. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to talon)
Post #: 8
- 5/31/2000 1:51:00 PM   
Bing

My kill ratio was better than 6 to 1, actually. Per my message, I had occupied all victory hexes by Turn 8. I literally chased the Poles out of play. Yet, just a draw. Seems to me a victory condition glitch. Nice scenario, I enjoyed playing it.

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to talon)
Post #: 9
- 5/31/2000 4:36:00 PM   
talon

First of all I like to thank you all for your comments . Seth the thing considering the points will be revied but with all poles dead and all hexes capured I don´t know ? Maybe because the polish troops are so cheap in the OOB . And you have to be careful with the German HQ since it represents Guderian the costs for it are higher ! And to you Voriax I will look what you said and change the river if it necessary .

(in reply to talon)
Post #: 10
- 5/31/2000 8:01:00 PM   
talon

Well Voriax I have tried too get the german tanks use the bridge but so far even changing the map has not helped . Because of limited time I will have to wait until thursday to continue with this . Considering the point problem I sure know that this has something to do with the wrong OOB file . Polish infantry cost only 7 points and even if I change it in the editor these changes are not used in the game . So I don´t know maybe this has to wait until the polish OOB is corected .

(in reply to talon)
Post #: 11
- 6/2/2000 5:58:00 AM   
Tombstone

Are you using the way point system for those units? Supposedly that should force them to take a path you define. I'm only a beginner at scenario design so I don't know for sure. Tomo

(in reply to talon)
Post #: 12
- 6/2/2000 8:22:00 AM   
talon

Tombstone do you me the objective flags off command and control ? Yes I´ve set them and I tried many logical positions for these but the AI changes these orders in the first turn It always uses more or less they way it thinks its the best but that doesn´t include the bridge .

(in reply to talon)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> new scenario uploaded Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI