Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How many man is in MG crew?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How many man is in MG crew? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How many man is in MG crew? - 12/30/2001 7:44:00 AM   
Jiri

When I'm firing at enemy MG it happends quite often that I have to make 4 or 5 casualties to end his days. How is it possible when there should be a crew with 3 people? Is it some bug or something I don't know?

Post #: 1
- 12/30/2001 8:16:00 AM   
jonypure

I know German crews usually or always number 4, other countries such as U.S. also has 4 and in some cases such as the armoured MG squad there is 9, but they also carry a bigger assortment of weapons such as grenades. Best thing to do is go through the encyclopedia and see what different countries have for MG crews.

(in reply to Jiri)
Post #: 2
- 12/30/2001 4:02:00 PM   
Alexandra

Also, if the MG team is in the same hex as another infantry type unit, you may not be hitting the MG team even if it's the target of your fire. Alex

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to Jiri)
Post #: 3
- 12/31/2001 6:43:00 AM   
Capt. Pixel

If it's a Canadian 50 cal - they have six crew.

"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Jiri)
Post #: 4
- 12/31/2001 7:06:00 AM   
Jiri

Thanks, but I meant something else. In some cases when the MG should have 3 man in squad, is alone on the hex and when I'm shooting on it, the game writes for example 1 casualty, then another 1, and finally 2 casualties plus survivors disperse. So it seems very strange to me when the MG with 3 men have so many casulaties and there was still somebody left to disperse. Does anyone have the same experiences or is more probably that there is some unit that is invisible to me and is taking casualties?
It wasn't a single case of that.

(in reply to Jiri)
Post #: 5
- 12/31/2001 8:49:00 AM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by George H.:
Thanks, but I meant something else. In some cases when the MG should have 3 man in squad, is alone on the hex and when I'm shooting on it, the game writes for example 1 casualty, then another 1, and finally 2 casualties plus survivors disperse. So it seems very strange to me when the MG with 3 men have so many casulaties and there was still somebody left to disperse. Does anyone have the same experiences or is more probably that there is some unit that is invisible to me and is taking casualties?
It wasn't a single case of that.

Oh it's very simple the report lies, it does not tell you the exact number of casualties you caused. It is usually accrate so can be trusted most of the time. I have kill 12 men in a 6 man squad (British HQ). Watch out for those 13.7mm Italian HMGs they have 10 men.

(in reply to Jiri)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How many man is in MG crew? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI