Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wild Bill cameo!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wild Bill cameo! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wild Bill cameo! - 12/30/2001 9:06:00 AM   
rlc27

Hi, I was playing through a mission of MCNA last night, and lo and behold a certain very well-known paragon of scenario design and historical article authorship showed up to watch my panzers blast the British--just five minutes before the Desert Fox himself. I parked them together on a nearby hillock and wondered about the conversation they had: Rommel: "Blast those Matilda II tanks. They're impervious to the 3.7cm fire of our Panzer IIIe's! Good thing we've got a couple of 88's and some engineers, nearby, eh?" WB: "Well, actually, I put them both there myself. How do you like the map?" Rommel: "Look at my man oberst Dietsl fight. We've really got them on the run. You know, he's the second commander by that name I've had in charge of this unit during this campaign."

"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.
Post #: 1
- 12/30/2001 9:31:00 AM   
wulfir

…You know, if I’m not mistaken there is an (aux) American airborne platoon leader in named Wilder one of the battles of the Preparing the Way campaign … sort of like having the director appearing in the movie.

Semper in Primis

(in reply to rlc27)
Post #: 2
- 12/30/2001 11:28:00 AM   
mogami

Greetings, one of the nice things about working on MegaCamp battle design is being able to sit your friends (or your self) into the game. I don't recall how many battles I put WB into in North Afrika. In MCNA there is a large calibur naval gun given as support to the axis called 'Bardia Bill' in your OB. In Watchtower lookout for the Zero that comes on a bombing run called 'Mogami'

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to rlc27)
Post #: 3
- 12/30/2001 6:56:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I missed both of those, Mogami! I'll have to go take a look! Yes, Rommel Dietsl and I had a lot of long chats together through the dust and desert of North Africa. All three of us cried over those blasted Matildas. We even tried to steal three of them. Did you play that battle in the campaign? Now that one is a real corker. You have to sneak in, suddenly climb into the Matildas and drive them out of the tank part under fire. The nice thing, however, is that they ARE Matildas. The Germans did in fact use them when they could capture them intact or repair abandoned ones. They highly respected the armor (not the gun! ) I figured if old Alfred Hitchcock or Stephen King could put in appearances, I might do the same, though I'll certainly never reach the caliber of their work. It's still fun to peek in on you guys via the scenario, hearing the moans, curses, and cheers of battle! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to rlc27)
Post #: 4
- 12/31/2001 5:01:00 AM   
rlc27

Well, I must admit that I felt honored to be visited by both Rommel and WB! Haven't yet gotten to the Matilda-stealing mission, but can't wait to give what I've gotten! Thanks for all the hours of fun, WB (and everyone else).

"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.

(in reply to rlc27)
Post #: 5
- 12/31/2001 6:56:00 AM   
Grenadier

Wait until you run into Leutnant Wilderz on the Eastern Front

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

(in reply to rlc27)
Post #: 6
- 12/31/2001 7:06:00 AM   
RUsco

Check the Agadabia Scenarioes. If I Recall, #2.

(in reply to rlc27)
Post #: 7
- 12/31/2001 1:21:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Whoa! I've been sent to the Eastern Front! ARGH! Thanks Grenadier and all of the rest of this thoughtful and full of surprises team. It is our pleasure to do all of this, Kendo. Letters like yours just fuel the fire of enthusiasm!... WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to rlc27)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wild Bill cameo! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI