Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Intel

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Intel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intel - 7/25/2004 3:02:40 PM   
jimkehn

I am playing the Coral Sea scenario as Japanese with FOW on. I keep getting intel messages that B-25c has spotted 4 Japanese ships moving SE and so forth, during combat resolution phase. Seems to me this should be the Allied player's alert message. OTOH, I never get messages that my Emilys are spotting anything on their naval search messages. This happening to anyone else?? I should have the latest version? I just d/l it on Monday this week.
Post #: 1
RE: Intel - 7/25/2004 3:09:37 PM   
2Stepper

Greetings fellow Nebraskan!

As to your questions, I've not yet made the effort of playing the Japs yet. I'm just going through my learning curve with the allies. Have there been any ship movement reports given by other aircraft? Babs for example? Double check some of your Emily units to ensure they're on Naval search and not ASW only.

That does seem odd that you aren't getting that info like you would with the allies.

As for SEEING the allied messages as the Japs, perhaps on the one hand the game is saying you've been spotted by allied planes... OR, thats a bug and you should be seeing Emilys not B25's in the example you gave. Anyone else have a thought?!

"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..." :)

(in reply to jimkehn)
Post #: 2
RE: Intel - 7/25/2004 8:47:57 PM   
dtravel

Been discussed before. I believe that the consensus after input by the developers was that those "enemy aircraft spots..." messages indicate that your ships saw the spotting aircraft or intercepted its radio messages, so they know they were seen.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to 2Stepper)
Post #: 3
RE: Intel - 7/26/2004 12:04:24 AM   
MadDawg

Unfortuantely both sides see the same turn playback as each other, so this information has to be given so that the other player knows he spotted the particular task force.

Personally Id rather there be a chance that a spotted task force not involved in combat not show up until the orders phase as currently it warns the player he has been spotted, thus allowing him to change his plans accordingly. Again, this wasnt such a problem in UV but it does come into play more often in WITP.

Dawg

< Message edited by MadDawg -- 7/25/2004 10:06:47 PM >

(in reply to jimkehn)
Post #: 4
RE: Intel - 7/26/2004 12:09:34 AM   
2Stepper

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

Been discussed before. I believe that the consensus after input by the developers was that those "enemy aircraft spots..." messages indicate that your ships saw the spotting aircraft or intercepted its radio messages, so they know they were seen.

Must have been earlier in the development prior to release. LOL! That or WAY deep in the forum pile by now...

Hate missing meetings. LOL!!!!

"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..." :)

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Intel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI