Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Infantry on tanks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Infantry on tanks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Infantry on tanks - 1/18/2002 5:25:00 AM   
Jiri

German tanks has mostly ability to load up to 8 soldiers on them. When I load bigger squads (10 men or so)on them are the last 2 men counted like kills? Anybody knows?

Post #: 1
- 1/18/2002 5:37:00 AM   
MirageG3

Yep, according to the manual they do.

(in reply to Jiri)
Post #: 2
- 1/18/2002 5:37:00 AM   
V-man

quote:

Originally posted by George H.:
German tanks has mostly ability to load up to 8 soldiers on them. When I load bigger squads (10 men or so)on them are the last 2 men counted like kills? Anybody knows?
Did you see that question the machine asks when you try to load a squad that's too big? "Too many men to kload, do it anyway?" When you say yes to that, it deletes two of your guys so teh squad will fit.

If a german tank can hold 8 men, then it can't hold 10, and two are left behind. Remember, it's not just the men, it's their packs, their weapons, extra ammo, and teh squad MG. V-man

"You see, in this world there's 2 kinds of people, my friend:
Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to Jiri)
Post #: 3
- 1/18/2002 5:55:00 AM   
Mikimoto

But I wonder, still today, why tanks carry capacitiy is so low... Oh, yes! Doctrine and design...

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to Jiri)
Post #: 4
- 1/18/2002 6:33:00 AM   
Warrior

This load capacity for armor is particularly irksome for me at the moment, because I'm finishing design of a Russian advance scenario with many tanks. I either have to go slow and advance mostly on foot, or sacrifice men to load them on the tanks and move faster. It's going to get worse now, since I pre-loaded some reinforcement tanks and then brought their squads up to full strength after loading. Once those are unloaded they won't be able to re-load without losing up to 4 men per squad. Maybe I'll just go through the whole scenario and make every squad 8 men - not a wonderful alternative.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Jiri)
Post #: 5
- 1/18/2002 6:56:00 AM   
Jiri

Yes I know that it will delete these 2 men but I thought that the program will possibly not take them like they are dead... Bad guess

(in reply to Jiri)
Post #: 6
- 1/18/2002 9:39:00 AM   
swagman

It's going to get worse now, since I pre-loaded some reinforcement tanks and then brought their squads up to full strength after loading. Once those are unloaded they won't be able to re-load without losing up to 4 men per squad. Maybe I'll just go through the whole scenario and make every squad 8 men - not a wonderful alternative. [/QB][/QUOTE] Warrior...you could try these
+reducing 2 squads in the platoon to 8 and adding the extra men to squad 3 and letting them follow on foot...it would have 20 men
+add extra squads to the platoon, so a platoon of 3 squads of 12 plus MG(4 men) becomes 4 squads of 8 men plus MG(8 men),

(in reply to Jiri)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Infantry on tanks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI