Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any Resource Tips for German Divisions in 1939?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Any Resource Tips for German Divisions in 1939? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any Resource Tips for German Divisions in 1939? - 1/27/2002 7:17:00 AM   
kkb66

I have been slowly putting together a 10-12 scenerio campaign covering the Polish Campaign, centering on the Polish 10th Mechanized Brigade. As of right now I have about three completed maps and a half dozen more in various stages of construction. I have found terrific resources on the net to date that break down the organization of both the Polish and German divisions as they were in 1939...and also a copy of "The Polish Campaign of 1939" by Steven Zaloga and Victor Madjec, which has given me the rare Polish version of how the campaign unfolded. (as well as the locations of the major battles/minor shirmishes the 10th fought in as it fell back across southern Poland)
As such, I feel I have more than enough information on the Polish units that I need to make the campaign really authentic from that side of the coin...but I could use more information on the German units. Mainly I am looking for unit breakdown and/or OOB's for the 2nd Panzer Div. / 4th Light Div. / 3rd & 4th Mountain Divs. I have found "FeldGrau.com" which has provided some input about the 2nd PzDv. but not enough about the others.
If any one has any tips on some good resources I can use to get the correct unit numbers and organization I would really appreciate it. I have a weeks vacation coming up and I was planning on devoting a good portion of it to laying out a detailed chart of the units that would appear in this campaign...and perhaps fitting out the first scenerio. Any and all input welcomed.

An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.
Post #: 1
- 1/27/2002 2:13:00 PM   
LeibstandartePzD

kkb66, If you haven't already found what you need drop me a line at jotto18@attbi.com along with a list of German divisions you need and I can probably get you what you need.

Respectfully,
Jason E. Otto
Former member of the 8th US Cavalry and a grandson of a Leibstandarte tanker.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech

(in reply to kkb66)
Post #: 2
- 1/27/2002 3:20:00 PM   
Christophe Jaureguiberry

Hello kkb66, When you need a playtester for your campaign, just send me a mail. Currently, I am playing Redleg scenarios of the same and I am having a blast! Christophe

(in reply to kkb66)
Post #: 3
- 1/27/2002 9:21:00 PM   
kkb66

Thank you for the responses.
Jason, I will take advantage of your offer and email you about the German Divs. that I need more information on in order to give the campaign the touch of realism I want to build into it.
Christophe, I'll consider you a playtester when I get to that stage. I hope to have the first couple of scenerios in the final stages within a couple weeks. (that is when I will be taking a break from work and will have time to really dedicate a fair amount of hours to the project)
Now, it's back to the map editor for me...time to do a bit more work on the map covering the area of Tarnow, Poland.

An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.

(in reply to kkb66)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Any Resource Tips for German Divisions in 1939? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI