Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Scenario to Remember

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A Scenario to Remember Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Scenario to Remember - 1/26/2002 6:31:00 AM   
Redleg

For a wild ride go to: Sergio's Italian Language Site
(I hope I got this right) I made this trip yesterday and downloaded a very memorable scenario. The site is in Italian but if you look for SPWAW and Scenari, you will see a scenario about Castelrosso. This jewel is an Italian beach assault that I promise you will not forget having played. Those British defenders must have been angry from too much "bullybeef" in their diet. Very stubborn. Some of my Italian force were "reluctant warriors" and it took some effort and prior planning to keep them in the fight. The details of this scenario are too many to discuss but it is not for the feint-of-heart and it took me perhaps 7 hours of play-time to fall just short of a draw. Some very nice design features to be seen in this one. A very nice map. All of this on a new (to me) website. If you like large battles, beach assaults, and serious challenges, this one is for you. Thanks, Sergio.

Post #: 1
- 1/26/2002 8:56:00 AM   
Drex

very interesting scenarios on little known campaigns. O DL'd all of the scenarios. Wish I could read Italian. Wonder if the author could supply translations.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 2
- 1/26/2002 9:01:00 AM   
Redleg

Sergio says that a translation may be something he can work on. As soon as we translate all of our English ones to Italian! LOL Actually, he knows it is a problem for people like me who took heroic steps to avoid studying a second language. I was very glad to see what he has focused on. He is also on the SPWAW web ring so hopefully, he will get lots of hits.

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 3
- 1/27/2002 1:01:00 AM   
Wild Bill

They look good! I found that being fluent in Spanish helps a bit but I would love a translation of these notes. My congratulations on a fine site and some good battles! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 4
- 1/27/2002 2:15:00 AM   
Drex

I got the first translation of Cheren. A bit rough to read but its understandable. I will email it to anyone interested or contact Sergio Castaldi at: tatkdg.tin.it. He is working on the others.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 5
- 1/27/2002 6:06:00 AM   
Resisti

I made the translation for Castelrosso scenario today and sent to Redleg.
Anybody interested in it, mail Redleg or me.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 6
- 1/27/2002 6:37:00 AM   
Drex

Sergio Castaldi the author of the scenarios mentioned in this thread needs some help(advice) on how to build an Italian corps that has been left out of SPWAW's OOBs. He wants to build the Carabinieri Reali but he doesn't know how to make icons or change OOBs. Can anyone help?

quote:

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 7
- 1/27/2002 9:29:00 AM   
sebagonzalez

Hey Resisti, can u translate the briefing of the "Battle of Cheren" by Segrio? He sent me his scenario tu publish in my website, but i am really having problems in polishing his english briefing (i deleted some not understandable parts), so i would apreciate if u can translate his briefing of battle of Cheren to English and send it to me, so i can put the briefing in my site. Thks in advance. LA WEB DEL SPWAW
Http://spwaw.tripod.com/ I am the Webmaster so the mail account of the site is my personal one. contact me there. Thks.

Mierda....y ahora...que corno hago?

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 8
- 1/27/2002 9:31:00 AM   
sebagonzalez

Hey Drex, tell him to send me a mail with the composition of the new formation and units. There is a guy working on a new oob that i can contact to add this formation to the oob´s. He has my mail.

Mierda....y ahora...que corno hago?

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 9
- 1/27/2002 10:23:00 AM   
Drex

No problem, I'll let him know.

quote:

(in reply to Redleg)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A Scenario to Remember Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI