Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

wanna here something cool?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> wanna here something cool? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
wanna here something cool? - 1/25/2002 9:50:00 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Here is my message I gave to the guys on our Steel Panthers Fan site (if you havent seen it yet why not?) It's in regards to my current experiment vis a vis, conquering the how-do-I-get-a-Mega Campaign cd-without-it-costing-a-fortune-overseas solution. I have been trying a think out of the box solution. Latest Update

Just got a message from Margaret (she lives in Texas, maybe that helps who knows), she has the game, hmmmm thats less than a week guys. She worked for UPS for a number of years as well, and she cant figure out the negativity, but hmmm guess it might not matter much to me at this rate.

Bottom line, Lost Victories, Matrix to Margaret in less than a week, and she hasnt a clue what Steel Panthers even is. If a woman that only knowns the name of an item can order it with no prior knowledge, then I am getting a dim view of my forum mates capabilities heheh.

Havent established what it has cost her to get it yet plus cost to mail it to me in my lame Canadian dollars yet (she didnt have the facts and figures handy when I chatted with her). Will have to post them when I have those numbers.

Stay tuned Fans. I might be onto something here guys.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Post #: 1
- 1/25/2002 11:40:00 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Ok guess I might have waited for the info and posted in one message, didnt though, oh well.

Here's the math guys
Lost Victories $24.99
shipping /handling $8.53 (it went to Texas)
tax $0.00 (that has me wondering, but its her numbers)
total $33.52

Now if I add about 2 bucks (which is what a canadian expects it to cost to mail a cd in a bubble envelope), then that means $36.00 US (which is god only knows what in my lame canadian dollars). But there wont be any wacky hidden costs, no surprises, no entering Canada costs nothing.

This settles the matter, case closed (Margaret is mailing the cd before I even get the cash to her in fact); anyone living outside of the US has a choice, complain and pay an irrational sum, or have a friend buy it and mail it to you. And you just reimburse them what it cost them plus 2 bucks. I am sending her a nice music cd full of my favourite MP3 tunes burned to a disc along with a money order (that thank god costs no more than a lousy buck). Man I feeeeeel good (but then I know how to make friends, maybe I am unique heheh).

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 2
- 1/25/2002 1:35:00 PM   
Randy

Congratulations! Sometimes good tactical decisions are made by "thinking outside the box!"

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

Post #: 3
- 1/25/2002 10:25:00 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Hmmm I thought this thread might have attracted more attention. Or at least I thought the subject had a respectably grabbing sound to it, and I want as many foreign fans to see this as possible too.
But then again, its been only one evening since I put it up. Although being pushed this far down the list, there is obviously people out there in here.

Post #: 4
- 1/27/2002 7:54:00 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Hmmmm, guess my thread wasnt too cool, dang Oh well, at least I benefited.

Post #: 5
- 1/27/2002 10:25:00 AM   
RichardTheFirst

Hi Les, I didn't have the opportunity to reply at SPFans but doing it now. Cool story (at least the parts I understood ) and it's nice to know the mail company had less profits too .

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> wanna here something cool? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI