Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hi all,new to spwaw

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Hi all,new to spwaw Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hi all,new to spwaw - 2/21/2002 12:58:00 AM   
Wolf30

I'm dl the game at the minute.nearly 400mb with a 56k god love me.When I eventually do dl it do I need to dl anything else.It's v51 I think.Is the manual included in the dl or is it seperate.Anyway talk to you all soon.

Post #: 1
- 2/21/2002 2:13:00 AM   
lnp4668

The latest is 7.0. So you may wants to download the upgrade. The manual is included.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 2
- 2/21/2002 2:19:00 AM   
Warrior

Welcome! I remember downloading the game with a 56K modem. Whew! If you want to get everything, you'll also need to download the various upgrades to bring the game to version 7.0 (you can skip the v5.2 to v5.3), and the stereo sounds. THEN, you can search the various game support sites and get all the assorted patches, fixes, and scenarios and campaigns that have been posted. But it's all worth every bit of effort. OR, you could simply order a Mega Campaign, since the CD includes SPWaW v7. (I personally think Watchtower is the best, but they're all awesome.) [ February 20, 2002: Message edited by: Warrior ]

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 3
- 2/21/2002 5:47:00 AM   
Huffy

Hello...and welcome, your gonna be in for a treat when you get the game installed. But like the others...I do recomend you spend the money...and order the Mega campain. I have 2 of them so far...Desert Fox, and Lost Victories. Soon I am going to buy the third...very happy with them all. Plus...saves you the hassle and torture of 56k download....I've done it more than once, I know what your going through.
Again,....welcome and enjoy.
Take care....
Huffy

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 4
- 2/21/2002 12:38:00 PM   
Redleg

If you think you will stay with SPWAW, I highly recommend getting a M/C with the 7.0 version on the CD. That way you get the most current version and some really good gaming that will keep you occupied for a long while. Welcome.

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 5
- 2/21/2002 9:30:00 PM   
ruxius

Welcome in the Army !!!...
and it's only a question of time but you will fall in love...with SPWAW !

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 6
- 2/21/2002 10:10:00 PM   
Bing

Fair warning: Once bitten by the SPW@W bug, your life will never be the same. This is easily the most addictive game I have encountered in 40+ years of gaming. And .. despite the warts, it is the best land tactical game of any kind I have found. ASL in board form is at the same level, I think most of us agree W@W resembles it in some ways, but for me it was the 150 rules sections. I was spending more time trying to figure out the ASL rules than playing the game. Never did TRULY figure out the LOS rules, not completely. Did anyone? Welcome to our intrepid little group, they are fine fellows and gals and are the best at helping people I've found. Could be that is really what keeps me coming back. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 7
- 2/21/2002 10:12:00 PM   
Jasper

Hi

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 8
- 2/22/2002 2:19:00 AM   
scimitar

Welcome to our new comrade!

Pour une dent toute la gueule!

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 9
- 2/23/2002 1:10:00 AM   
campekenobi

Welcome welcome. I'm still kind of a SPWAW newbie myself, but have a Steel Panthers (original & game II) history so I've been around the world of hexes. I'm about to buy a campaign disc myself, even though I've already downloaded & burned my own CD w/ artwork for SPWAW. Great stuff, fun e-mail games - it rules! Enjoy

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 10
- 2/24/2002 1:56:00 AM   
Greg McCarty

quote:

Originally posted by Wolf30:
I'm dl the game at the minute.nearly 400mb with a 56k god love me.When I eventually do dl it do I need to dl anything else.It's v51 I think.Is the manual included in the dl or is it seperate.Anyway talk to you all soon.
I am saying this with only a degree of jest:
If you are married, as I am, I hope your wife is
as understanding as mine is. If you are a historian at heart, this game will enrich your life, absorb your time, and threaten your marraige.

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 11
- 2/24/2002 4:57:00 AM   
DoubleDeuce

quote:

Originally posted by Greg McCarty:
I am saying this with only a degree of jest:
If you are married, as I am, I hope your wife is
as understanding as mine is. If you are a historian at heart, this game will enrich your life, absorb your time, and threaten your marraige.

I concur with that brother! If there were only more hours in a day to devote to this game life would be grand.

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 12
- 2/24/2002 5:22:00 AM   
Supervisor

Welcome aboard, you've come to the right place. Enough of the how do you do's. GRAB YOUR GEAR, KISS YOUR SWEETHEART GOODBYE AND GET ON THAT HALFTRACK, YOU LEAVE FOR THE FRONT LINES IN 10 MINUTES!!!! MOVE IT MOVE IT

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 13
- 2/24/2002 6:02:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Ah, another willing victim to the SPWAW addiction. We are happy to have you with us, Wolf30! (Do we have 30 wolves around here? ) Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 14
- 2/24/2002 6:56:00 AM   
Belisarius

I'm just joining the other fellas.. Welcome, Wolf30! Can't wait to hear of your experiences, setbacks and triumphs playing this game

Got StuG?

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 15
- 2/24/2002 6:23:00 PM   
k1w1

welcome to the best computer wargame around,I know you will enjoy it as much as all of us.
Don't be shy in asking for explanations on this forum as I haven't met a better bunch of people who are only too willing to help.

They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old Age shall not weary them nor the years condem At the going down of the sun & in the morning we will remember them.

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 16
- 2/24/2002 8:40:00 PM   
rwenstrup

Welcome! I've been playing wargames since Tactics came out from Avalon Hill. This is the best game I've ever had. Get the campaign games...and goodbye to life as you've known it!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

(in reply to Wolf30)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Hi all,new to spwaw Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI