Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Did you Know?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Did you Know? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Did you Know? - 5/19/2000 6:26:00 AM   
kfbaker

I couldn't thing of a good heading, so did you know is my best stab, anyway. I was in Tokyo last year for a week and discovered several Pacific Theatre games like PAW, but a little more upto date. Saga has praduce two version of the same game and I think it did see some light in cartridge form on the PC. I also found 3 other games that looked good and I even Brought one back with me. Trouble I havent managed to hack it yet, japaneese is one of those languagers you just havent got a prair making sense of, I sime times wonder of they had used plain code would we have cracked their codes. However the main point is there are sevarl other games that have taclke the subject and may have some good ideas in them, if only I could make sense of it, maybe turning my screen upside down would help.

Post #: 1
- 5/19/2000 1:09:00 PM   
RogerBacon

I was in Japan a year and a half ago and I too saw some great looking Pacific war games. I almost bought one but I was told that you needed JapaneseWin95 on your computer. Just being able to display Japanese characters isn't enough. I remember the title had the kanji for "Pacific Ocean" and "War" in the title. Tell me more about the game you bought? Does it work without the Japanese version of windows? What company makes it? I knoticed a lot of games by Koei over there that they don't sell over here ( Gengis Khan 4, Romance of the Three Kingdoms 7, ect...). I'll be going back in December. Maybe I'll pick up some of them then. Roger "Banzai" Bacon

BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 2
- 5/19/2000 11:39:00 PM   
sbond

Oh, I remember Gengis Khan for the old Nintendo system back in the late 80's early 90's. That was a great game for such a limited system, there were others I played also that I can't remember, one was Napoleon area (emperor I think) and the other was set in Europe in 1400's. All were great games in socio-economic-warfare hehe. Oh, I remember Gengis Khan for the old Nintendo system back in the late 80's early 90's. That was a great game for such a limited system, there were others I played also that I can't remember, one was Napoleon area (emperor I think) and the other was set in Europe in 1400's. All were great games in socio-economic-warfare hehe. There were others too, like Sailing game I can not remember the name of, and some other Asian area pre-ironage I think. These were all great games I played for hours and hours. There was a WWII set in the pacific also, and I remember it being a great game for it's time but the name escapes me. it was similar to PACWAR but had limited platforms information and you had a little tactical part when invading bases or cities. Wow I getting old

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 3
- 5/19/2000 11:40:00 PM   
sbond

double typing is what I get for taking several hours break in writing this post

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 4
- 5/20/2000 4:15:00 AM   
kfbaker

Aghh, there it is. Just dug it back out from my collection, I have japanees charcter set install this time, so I will see if I can mae sense of it over the weekend again. For the record its called *&*&*&& 2 advanced, the graphics and detail looks very good on the box which is why I picked it up, that and it is a win95 game. Picture of a zero taking of a flat top on the front. I actualy picked this up and a train game called go, the train game I cracked as its pritty simple to play, but as yet no go on this one.

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 5
- 5/22/2000 8:25:00 AM   
richak

I know the games you are thinking of. Koei made Pacific Theatre of Operations I for Sega and PTO II for PC. Both are horrendous. Very arcade like. I have played and owned both. Battle results are completely unrealistic. You can take a sqaudron of 6 planes and defeat an army division, and just march in with one man to take the empty base.

Rich

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 6
- 5/27/2000 4:52:00 AM   
kfbaker

Well Once again I have to adimit defeat in making sense of the game. I did make a little more sense of it, while it appears simlair to Pacwar infact it covers the whole world and WW2. A bit like axiss annd allies but far more detailed in the naval area.

(in reply to kfbaker)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Did you Know? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI