Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Final Countdown

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Final Countdown Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Final Countdown - 12/23/2004 10:50:07 AM   
sacorsair

OK we have all seen this movie the USS Nimitz on 12/7/41 I was just wondering if anyone at all would want to consider this as a Mod? Merry Christmas to everyone and Happy New Year. Besides the game I really do enjoy reading all the post and want to thank all of you for supporting all of our addiction in wargamming.

Attachment (1)

JAMES REX---Birthdays are like Boogers the more you have the harder it is to breath
Post #: 1
RE: Final Countdown - 12/23/2004 3:51:04 PM   
rhohltjr

quote:

ORIGINAL: sacorsair

Don't think that "Final Countdown" would interest the guys that play the Japanese side
exclusively. That would entail a huge amount of data generation and replacement including
all the related artwork for a modern carrier battle group. Would you set up the scenario to
have the Nimitz BG perform a pre-emptive Pearl Harbor saving strike or wait until PH had taken
place and then sink all the Japanese ships?

Since you are a Tigercat fanboy, do you perhaps have Witp style top and side view pics?

My e-troops don't unload OVER THE BEACH anymore, see:
Amphibious Assault at Kota Bharu
TF 85 troops securing a beachhead at Kota Bharu, 51,75
whew! I still feel better.

(in reply to sacorsair)
Post #: 2
RE: Final Countdown - 12/23/2004 5:20:14 PM   
2ndACR

Only the Nimitz made it thru the time warp. I would (as a japanese player) love the opportunity to put a Nimitz class CVN on the bottom of the ocean.

(in reply to rhohltjr)
Post #: 3
RE: Final Countdown - 12/23/2004 7:40:46 PM   
rhohltjr

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

Only the Nimitz made it thru the time warp. I would (as a japanese player) love the opportunity to put a Nimitz class CVN on the bottom of the ocean.

Oh yeah. You are correct. Suppose it would matter how close you were to KB when you pop out
of the storm/anomaly/warp. Still rather like my chances in Nimitz. How fast can those CIWS be reloaded?

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 4
RE: Final Countdown - 12/23/2004 8:53:51 PM   
kellyc

A email group I belong to played this scenario out using Harpoon rules, end result was less then appealing to the Japanese. Last time I looked in several Japanese carriers were under attack from a Alfa Strike and were burning.
I would imagine Yamamoto was preparing to off himself in shame. All the US needs to do is get off that one strike and it's over.
The Japanese couldn't counter the ever growing technological Allied force in the real war, what makes you think they could do it against a modern CV?

Happy Holidays
Kelly

(in reply to rhohltjr)
Post #: 5
RE: Final Countdown - 12/23/2004 11:38:04 PM   
Hornblower

assuming that the IJN would even get in range of the Nimitz. I think the A-6's kinda outrange a Kate. Now, once the first strike is over, where the heck do you get replacement sidewinders and the like?

(in reply to kellyc)
Post #: 6
RE: Final Countdown - 1/21/2005 9:29:36 PM   
steve99x

There's a very cool boxed game out there called "Carrier"... I forget who produced the game... it's a solitaire dice/hex/chit game (very well done, featuring scenarios of the major carrier and surface battles of the time) that I used to play incessantly!
It features that very scenario... it's obviously a blow-out, but it's a fun way to break up the typical heavily planned campaign!

"The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival"

Chuck Yeager

(in reply to sacorsair)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Final Countdown Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI