Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Marianas scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Marianas scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Marianas scenario - 1/30/2005 11:23:23 PM   
riley555a

Has anyone here beaten the marianas scenario as the Japanese? it seems virtually impossible. Especially trying to beat the American fleet in air combat. I think I might try to keep the mobile fleet back as long as possible and have my pilots training day in and day out for 1-6 weeks or as long as possible, give them the best leaders and upgrade their planes, then try and beat the American air fleet...any suggestions?

< Message edited by riley555 -- 1/30/2005 11:04:55 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Marianas scenario - 1/31/2005 1:33:32 AM   
Grotius

Funny you mention this. I was playing around with this scenario head-to-head last night (against myself), and I couldn't find a good way to stop the USA from sailing up to Guam etc and bombarding, since the bombardment TFs are out of reach of the Zeke when they form up six hexes away. Seems like a tough go for Japan. Might be a good scenario to try as Japan vs the AI.

(in reply to riley555a)
Post #: 2
RE: Marianas scenario - 1/31/2005 1:57:18 AM   
Honda

You're doomed. But it's a great way to practice your duck and cover techniques you'll need as late-war Jap. Night naval attack, running from US ACTFs, crying for mommy etc.

(in reply to riley555a)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Marianas scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI