Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Maps and printing.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Maps and printing. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Maps and printing. - 6/21/2000 7:41:00 PM   
Panther

Is it possible right now to print maps in a campaign? I know that when the map becomes larger, like in Version 2.0 patch, and you need a lot of turns to complete the battle, it would be nice to have some kind of a plan to work with. This would be enchanced by having the ability to print whole area maps on the fly by using some kind of a short cut key and print the map to an 8 by 11 sheet of paper for planing and for later reference. This would let us behave more like real battalion comanders and draw arrows on maps that actually mean something. :-) Panther. Ps By the way exellent work so far.

Post #: 1
- 6/21/2000 9:45:00 PM   
Wild Bill

The only way I know would be to zoom out all the way and take a series of screen shots. Then you could compile them into one map. Jon Johnson (aka Night Crawler) one of our video gurus, did that for me with Betio. I could not get a screen shot of the island complete. So I took 8 screen shots and he put them together with Paint Shop Pro, I think. I take screenshots using Hypersnap. Then I open them in PSP and fine tune them. Unfortunately "print screen" does not work well in SPWAW. Thank you for the kind words. They are appreciated.. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 2
- 6/21/2000 11:15:00 PM   
Panther

How do I get hypersnap? Is there any slim possibility to add this to the wish list?

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 3
- 6/21/2000 11:46:00 PM   
Drake666

Hypersnap http://www.hypersnap-dx.com/hsdx/snapdown.htm It works very will for screen shots. [This message has been edited by Drake666 (edited 06-21-2000).] [This message has been edited by Drake666 (edited 06-21-2000).]

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 4
- 6/21/2000 11:54:00 PM   
steel

quote:

Originally posted by Panther: How do I get hypersnap? Is there any slim possibility to add this to the wish list?
hypersnap is on the way, for you. Check you email post and be happy.

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 5
- 6/22/2000 12:16:00 AM   
Panther

Thanks guys. Panther

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 6
- 6/22/2000 8:39:00 AM   
Drake666

Put this togethere today just using Hypersnap and mspaint http://shadow-of-hell.tripod.com/SCityhill.gif

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 7
- 6/22/2000 9:51:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Nice, Drake! Very nice. You got some talent there, my man! Impressive setup!..WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 8
- 6/22/2000 12:10:00 PM   
Drake666

Thinks WB, I like nice looking maps. I will not even play some scenarios becouse I dont think the map is will done. A good map really adds to a battle and makes it more fun. Just waiting now for the large ones in the patch so I can start on some more.

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 9
- 6/22/2000 6:57:00 PM   
ncpanther

quote:

Originally posted by Drake666: Put this togethere today just using Hypersnap and mspaint http://shadow-of-hell.tripod.com/SCityhill.gif
Hey Drake I cant get this link to work. Tripod says it dont exist. Cant get the one for hypersnap to work either.

NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 10
- 6/22/2000 9:02:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by ncpanther: [QUOTE]Originally posted by Drake666: Put this togethere today just using Hypersnap and mspaint http://shadow-of-hell.tripod.com/SCityhill.gif Hey Drake I cant get this link to work. Tripod says it dont exist. Cant get the one for hypersnap to work either.
..hey - don't right-click on it, use the left button. In my case (Neetscape 4.6) at least it opens a new window nevertheless and loads the graphic there. Right-clicking didn't work for me Arralen [This message has been edited by Arralen (edited 06-22-2000).]

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 11
- 6/22/2000 9:57:00 PM   
johnfmonahan

HELP ! Is one of the ace programmers out there willing to do a shareware map printing utility ? I am willing to chip in !!! ------------------ When in doubt, go on line.

When in doubt, go on line.

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 12
- 6/22/2000 11:19:00 PM   
Drake666

quote:

Originally posted by johnfmonahan: HELP ! Is one of the ace programmers out there willing to do a shareware map printing utility ? I am willing to chip in !!!
Ask fred about it, this is his page. He is in the early stage of a external maps editor for SP: WAW. http://freds.webprovider.com/

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 13
- 6/22/2000 11:51:00 PM   
TheOriginalOverlord

Hey Drake666 I can't get that link to work myself. Done everything, left click, right click, typed it by hand, even had a Haitian friend of mine try and "hex" it for me....no luck. ------------------ Semper Fi! Overlord

Semper Fi!

Jeremy

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 14
- 6/23/2000 1:04:00 AM   
Wild Bill

You are right, Drake. As you know I have stringent standards for maps. No computer generated maps, and no sloppily done maps hopefully will ever come from the Raiders! We don't play that! A good map is the first step to a good scenario. And you never have step two without step one Keep up the good work! WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 15
- 6/23/2000 1:34:00 AM   
johnfmonahan

I posted a suggestion on Freds' BB. He is on vacation.

When in doubt, go on line.

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 16
- 6/23/2000 1:46:00 AM   
Drake666

quote:

Originally posted by Overlord: Hey Drake666 I can't get that link to work myself. Done everything, left click, right click, typed it by hand, even had a Haitian friend of mine try and "hex" it for me....no luck.
http://shadow-of-hell.tripod.com/index.htm Try this one overlord. Join the club in not getting it to work, I cant get it to work 70% of the time myself. Trying to find out the problem, have not used this tripod account in a year.

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 17
- 6/23/2000 5:37:00 AM   
TheOriginalOverlord

Drake, No luck again. I did get your page to come up with the image placeholder but could not get anything to show up. ------------------ Semper Fi! Overlord

Semper Fi!

Jeremy

(in reply to Panther)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Maps and printing. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI