Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strange LCU Movement and Combat

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Strange LCU Movement and Combat Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strange LCU Movement and Combat - 6/11/2005 10:32:36 PM   
Caltone

My partner and I upgraded to 1.51 about 3 weeks into our PBEM. Fairly soon I noticed some strange behaviour that I first thought was my mistake.

I was laying siege to San Marcilano (sp) the coastal base on the east coast of Luzon, and some of my units launched a shock attack. I was pretty sure I hadn't ordered it as some of the force was still moving into place. In fact I felt confident I had ordered bombardment. Next round some more units move in and another shock attack by some of the units there. By now my units are mostly worn down and I put them all on defense to try and rest a little. I guessed I had somehow ordered shock attack without meaning to. Next turn I've got an army moving to Changsa from Wuhan, following an HQ. One of the small eng units appears 1 hex north of Changsa this turn and launches a shock attack on 3 Chinese corps

Anyone else noticed stuff like this? We've got a few of the turns if needed.

"Order AP Hill to prepare for battle" -- Stonewall Jackson
Post #: 1
RE: Strange LCU Movement and Combat - 6/11/2005 10:47:31 PM   
Nomad

Are these units crossing rivers? I think they were going to fix that( they tried in the 1.5 patch but it didn't take )
(( I think Nik broke it )) in 1.51.

(in reply to Caltone)
Post #: 2
RE: Strange LCU Movement and Combat - 6/11/2005 10:55:23 PM   
Mr.Frag

Yep, River Hex assault finally working as designed. One thing I do need to point out ... you state you have units following an HQ unit ... never do that as a HQ unit can *not* lead the charge over a river. Just an FYI for you.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 3
RE: Strange LCU Movement and Combat - 6/12/2005 6:06:48 AM   
spence

In a game vs the AI as Allies I recently had the 2 PI Infantry Divs in Naga attack the Japanese SNLF unit that had moved into the hex and force it to retreat to Legaspi.
On the following turn elements of a Japanese artillery unit and a Japanese Mortar Battalion landed at Naga. They immediately retreated to Legaspi without combat.
Somehow it seems to me that I should have had a chance to beat them up a bit before they got away.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 4
RE: Strange LCU Movement and Combat - 6/12/2005 10:55:54 AM   
durnedwolf

Ver 1.52 In game I'm playing as Japan with Allies AI:

On turn 1 my troops @ Wake did a shock attack after I had ordered a deliberate attack. I went back to the saved game to confim the deliberate attack order. Played it again and they performed a shock attack again.

DW

I try to live by two words - tenacity and gratitude. Tenacity gets me where I want to go and gratitude ensures I'm not angry along the way. - Henry Winkler.

The great aim of education is not knowledge but action. - Herbert Spencer

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 5
RE: Strange LCU Movement and Combat - 6/12/2005 6:08:54 PM   
Caltone

Thanks for the responses. I must've missed something along the way in the updates about the river crossing. It certainly makes sense and thanks Frag for suggesting that I not lead with an HQ unit. Before this feature was working I usually tried to find the slowest unit and that sometimes was an HQ. I'll chalk it up to me not being aware for now and continue to monitor. The eng unit that left the pack and moved north instead of west still baffles me though. Again maybe I messed that up, but I don't think so.

From the other responses, perhaps there may be an issue? Lets keep monitoring and report back anything that looks odd.

"Order AP Hill to prepare for battle" -- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to durnedwolf)
Post #: 6
RE: Strange LCU Movement and Combat - 6/12/2005 6:47:31 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: durnedwolf
On turn 1 my troops @ Wake did a shock attack after I had ordered a deliberate attack. I went back to the saved game to confim the deliberate attack order. Played it again and they performed a shock attack again.

Wake is an atoll, they have to do a shock attack when they land - both sides are right on top of each other. Have you ever seen a wake landing _not_ do a shock attack?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to durnedwolf)
Post #: 7
RE: Strange LCU Movement and Combat - 6/12/2005 7:56:22 PM   
Halsey

quote:

ORIGINAL: durnedwolf

Just my opinion but, I think all invasions should have at least the first turn as shock attacks.

The two day wait against invasions is nonsense. I bet The Canadians would've liked this ruling at Dieppe.

(in reply to durnedwolf)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Strange LCU Movement and Combat Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI