Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> Newbie Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie - 3/6/2006 4:53:03 AM   
JVega

Hey all. :)

Although I've been playing this game for just under a year, I like to classify myself as a newbie, especially since I've only played PBEM like three or four times, and I'm looking for an opponent that doesn't mind playinga newbie. I'm especially looking for those that can offer constructive criticism to my tactics!

I'm looking to play primarily smaller scales battles, focused on infantry, not arty-AFV's-airstrikes or whatever. I love games with points ranging from 300-1500, especially with INF only or other house rules, but I'll gladly play higher point battles, but I'd like to point out that anything beyond 2500+ will leave me confused and beaten before we even begin the battle. :P

I'll play any nation at any time too, but prefer nations with good elite infantry units. Beyond that.. no real preferences.

Anyone?

Edit:
Using SPWAW 8.4, no mods. Have AIM, MSN and e-mail of course. I also have SPMBT if that's your thing. :P

< Message edited by JVega -- 3/6/2006 4:55:33 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie - 3/6/2006 4:18:31 PM   
Swamprat

That sounds like a good idea. I'm all for playing an infantry only battle. Some infantry units come with mortars attached - how do you want to handle that issue?

I'm happy with the size of game that you prefer. I'll let you set it up so that you get what you are happy with.

In my other function as 'instructor' on www.spwaw.com forums I do give feedback and criticism for Academy Graduate games. You'll have to let me know just how far you want me to go. But I'm sure I can give you something that you can use.

My email is swamprat98@tiscali.co.uk

I've got 8.4, but if we choose that I'd prefer a nation with 60exp or more. Unless the Nation Settings are turned off, the 'minor' nations are pretty unplayable. Great to play when experience levels are set at a custom level however. Let me know what all your preferences are and we'll work out a good setting and period.

Rob.

[IMG]http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k436/Swamprat98/need_help_3_126.jpg[/IMG]

(in reply to JVega)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie - 3/6/2006 10:28:55 PM   
JVega

Sorry about not having replied to you yet! I keep having problems replying through GMail, so I'll do it here. :)

Mortars I've got no problem with! I'm not very good at using them properly, but I haven't got anything against them. Though! I got to admit, I don't know how to set experience levels, so it might be for the best if you'd host the game and set them to a playable level. :) In fact, if you don't mind, I'd like to request my side being the Americans or the Germans, either is fine (pref on Americans), and the map having at least a little urbanisation, since I like city fighting.

Does that sound good?

(in reply to Swamprat)
Post #: 3
RE: Newbie - 3/7/2006 12:21:47 AM   
Swamprat

That sounds fine. You play US and I'll play German.

How about 1000pts on a small map. No vehicles, aircraft, artillery, mines or infiltrators. Just infantry, with say one platoon (4-5) of 81mm mortars and no ammo lorries? 1983?

The exp levels of US and German are fine as they are, so you can set it up if you want. If you want me to set it up, give me your email address and I'll look for a suitable map.

[IMG]http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k436/Swamprat98/need_help_3_126.jpg[/IMG]

(in reply to JVega)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> Newbie Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI