Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lost Victories players-please read

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Lost Victories players-please read Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lost Victories players-please read - 1/25/2002 12:28:00 AM   
Grenadier

Hello all,
First off I want to thank all of you on behalf of Mosh, Marauder, Rocking Harry, Don Doom, Doomhippie, Dr Klaus, Red Baron, Listy the Treadhead, Bonzo, Sasa, Neil Stalker, Massimo, Fabio and the rest of the LV team for purchasing Lost Victories. Your confidence in our work on behalf of the SPWaW gaming community is indeed gratifying. Some of you have been experiencing problems with certain aspects of the Lost Victories experience, from not hearing the briefings to major crashes to the desktop. Some of these issues are able to be resolved by the LV team and some our beyond the control of the team, such as the Synch issue. The issues that the team can address are as follows,
missing documents and photos or corrupted photos, battle or node loops, duplicated battles Those beyond the control of the team are synch message, some OOB issues Those that are combined SPWaW and LV issues are crashes to desktops, Odd sounds or behaviors of units, Odd loading units such as SIG's on Pz IV's or reinforcements, ghost units and other OOB issues, sound files not playing. The LV team, programmers and the OOB team are concurrently working on resolving these issues and there will be a comprehensive patch to resolve the problems. Version 7.1 appears to have eliminated the synch issue and is in testing. The revised OOB's are being tested and once that is completed, the affected nodes in Lost Victories will be redone which will eliminate the ghost units and odd sounds and loaded unit problems.
The wav files that are too big to play because we have simply pushed the old girl(the SPWaW program) beyond her capabilities are being edited.
There is a revised dat file that closes the "Malin" loop and it being tested. If you encounter any difficulties or oddities while playing Lost Victories, please write one of us or post it on the Forum prefaced with "LV" in the subject. When you write us, please give the node name and number and the scenario number. Most of the time this information will be in the bottom RH corner of the map shown as follows; node 14, scen 42
Paul Vebber If this information is missing or you are unable to restart from a save to retreive the information, please give as much information about the node as possible, such as node name, option you chose, if any, and date of node and type of battle. Describe in as much detail as possible what the problem is, such as "played Node 11, A Chance Encounter, and got a DV. Then I got the mission briefing for Stalin Line, which i'm pretty sure was Node 12. It gave me a mission description that was different than Node 11, and gave me different options to choose. I chose the option to get Stuka support. But when I started the scenerio, i had the node 11 map, and node 11 units, except for the fact that I had a bunch of stukas to bury ivan.." I realize many of you have not encountered these or any other problems but that does not mean they are not there. The nature of a mega campaign is that is never the same for any 2 players or even playing over and over. Each result of a battle is different and each result of a chosen option is different. Even if you do not choose and option or there is no option you will never get the same result and if you do, you are a Spock or Data. This is what give the Mega campaign so much replayability. You will never have any idea where you will go next. Rest assured we are working as hard as we can to complete the patch for both SPWaW and Lost Victories and the patch will be released very soon. For those of you willing enough to try it, the Lost Victories corrections to date are available. Write to Mosh, Marauder or myself to get them. Please remember it is a beta in testing and to back up your files or do a clean new installation of Lost Victories from the CD.

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Lost Victories players-please read Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI