Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Larry Bond's "Cauldron"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Larry Bond's "Cauldron" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Larry Bond's "Cauldron" - 10/25/2005 11:06:26 PM   
themattcurtis

I'm reading this now and I've noticed that the vehicles are there in FPG to represent some of the battles between German and Polish forces as described in the novel.

Polish T-72s and BMP-1s against German Leopards (I and IIs) and Marders. Along with all the arty and aircraft you can think of.

The terrain is only described in general terms, so the existing maps would work.

My only problem.......No way to change the Russian flag and images to Polish. That's be a neat little scenario specific mod.

Post #: 1
RE: Larry Bond's "Cauldron" - 10/26/2005 3:16:59 AM   
CapnDarwin

Matt,

You could change the flags and background in the briefing. I need to see if it is possible to change the in game flag in the UDP.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to themattcurtis)
Post #: 2
RE: Larry Bond's "Cauldron" - 10/26/2005 6:43:22 PM   
themattcurtis

quote:

You could change the flags and background in the briefing. I need to see if it is possible to change the in game flag in the UDP.

Now all I need is the technical skill to do it :D

Seriously, I have the TO&Es in mind. If folks would like to try it out, I might have a playtest version ready next week.

It could make for a great scenario pack, though. A few battles featuring the above mentioned kit.

I don't think the game is up to some of the other encounters, though. Like those that see Americans versus the German Army (the premise of the novel is that a French-German alliance is seeking to control Europe and has invaded the East). Eventually, the US shows up to help its Polish allies.

I was wondering, too, if people might be interested in playing a few battles set in the late 60s and 70s -- using the older kit like M60s and M48s against T-55s and T-72s.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Larry Bond's "Cauldron" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI