Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

On- or off-board artillery

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> On- or off-board artillery Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
On- or off-board artillery - 7/6/2000 6:07:00 PM   
Michael Wermelin

Maybe I have missed something in the manual but I have a hard time understanding when I buy a on- or off-map artillery. Sometimes I have bought one or two ammo dumps, only to, when the deployment begins, find out that it was indeed unnessessary. So, can anyone tell how it shows in the unit selection part that an artillery pice is off-map or on-map??? Then another question. In the preference screen, one can now determine the %-value of artillery vs. tanks factor. Is the default value the same as it has been in previous versions of SteelP? I find the artillery doing very much damage to tanks and wish to change this. Somewhere I have read that for light and medium artillery the damage done to tanks accured less than 3% of the time, or something like that. However, in Steel the ratio is much higher, even from light artillery. 120mm mortars are indeed not light mortars but the shell isn't that big but very lethal to tanks in the game.

Attacking is the best of all defences.
Post #: 1
- 7/6/2000 6:21:00 PM   
Greybear

quote:

Originally posted by Michael Wermelin: Maybe I have missed something in the manual but I have a hard time understanding when I buy a on- or off-map artillery. Sometimes I have bought one or two ammo dumps, only to, when the deployment begins, find out that it was indeed unnessessary. So, can anyone tell how it shows in the unit selection part that an artillery pice is off-map or on-map??? Then another question. In the preference screen, one can now determine the %-value of artillery vs. tanks factor. Is the default value the same as it has been in previous versions of SteelP? I find the artillery doing very much damage to tanks and wish to change this. Somewhere I have read that for light and medium artillery the damage done to tanks accured less than 3% of the time, or something like that. However, in Steel the ratio is much higher, even from light artillery. 120mm mortars are indeed not light mortars but the shell isn't that big but very lethal to tanks in the game.
On board/off board: the main clue is how many tubes or barrels you are buying. look at the bottom of the screen, if it is listed with one line "75mm FH 50 HE 0 AP" it is on board. if there is 3 to six lines listing the same "15cm M1915 30 HE 0 AP" it is an off board battery. the next clue is cost. most on board art. is 10 to 50 pts. most off board is 60 to 300? pts. I have not seen that art damages a tank except for a lucky hit. it suppresses and makes the crew button up some times. I play with the default 100% settings. Greybear

(in reply to Michael Wermelin)
Post #: 2
- 7/6/2000 6:54:00 PM   
Michael Wermelin

Thanks for the reply! It seems to be the way you describe. /Battle on

Attacking is the best of all defences.

(in reply to Michael Wermelin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> On- or off-board artillery Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI