Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gimme back my ships!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> Gimme back my ships! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gimme back my ships! - 2/19/2006 5:03:24 AM   
Grand_Armee

Hey, Ericbabe.
Another bit of naval piracy on the high seas. Garoco and I were continuing our tcp/IP game and have about 4 years left in a 23 year game.
As part of our last peace treaty I forced him to loan me two of his fleets since both of mine had been shattered during the war...he got the wind guage first up.
Anyway, I borrowed his two fleets for 2 years....then sent them on a suicide mission(port attack on London) as a reprisal for him making the Austrians rally on my capital.
Before the 2 years were out, I DOW'd him because he was getting too close to beating Turkey and capturing it's 13 merchants sitting idle in Athens.
After the DOW, he got his two fleets back. BUT...a big BUT...I got all of the remaining ships in them.

I don' reckon that's fair, y'all.
Post #: 1
RE: Gimme back my ships! - 2/19/2006 10:45:08 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grand_Armee

Hey, Ericbabe.
Another bit of naval piracy on the high seas. Garoco and I were continuing our tcp/IP game and have about 4 years left in a 23 year game.
As part of our last peace treaty I forced him to loan me two of his fleets since both of mine had been shattered during the war...he got the wind guage first up.
Anyway, I borrowed his two fleets for 2 years....then sent them on a suicide mission(port attack on London) as a reprisal for him making the Austrians rally on my capital.
Before the 2 years were out, I DOW'd him because he was getting too close to beating Turkey and capturing it's 13 merchants sitting idle in Athens.
After the DOW, he got his two fleets back. BUT...a big BUT...I got all of the remaining ships in them.

I don' reckon that's fair, y'all.

Yep this happened to me playing against the AI. I borrowed France's fleets as Spain and when the time came to give them back I got to keep the ships...

Definitely a bug here somewhere...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1015934&key=

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 2/19/2006 10:46:06 PM >

(in reply to Grand_Armee)
Post #: 2
RE: Gimme back my ships! - 2/20/2006 4:57:36 PM   
ericbabe

There does seem to be a bug with units on loan that sometimes come under permanent ownership of the nation who's borrowed them. I'll try to get it fixed for the next patch.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 3
RE: Gimme back my ships! - 2/21/2006 4:32:02 PM   
Hard Sarge

Roger I been reporting the bug for the Armies, never bothered borrowing a fleet, my enemies never seen to have any ships left

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
RE: Gimme back my ships! - 2/21/2006 9:24:18 PM   
jimwinsor

In my experience, this bug hits all the time, not just some of the time. Ships. Divisions. Leaders. Corps. Anything nested in a Unit on Loan gets converted and kept by the borrowing player permanently upon expiration of the loan. I can't remember ever seeing the loaning player getting anything except his container back...ever.

Since the AI seems rarely to negociate for units on loan, this bug tends to benefit the player at the expense of the AI. Had this situation been the reverse I suspect there'd be alot more complaining about this bug than there currently is!

In single player I impose a no-loan house rule on myself. Multiplayer games really need to impose the same rule while this remains unfixed. It has the potential to throw game balance way out of whack.

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Limited Beta Feedback >> Gimme back my ships! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI