Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How About that....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> How About that.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How About that.... - 4/9/2006 2:33:27 AM   
hbrsvl

Hi-Playing v1.6, scenario 115(Andrew's map) 5/19/42. I just moved a Brit CV TF to Columbo. I merged it with a CVL TF already there. When I checked the # of CV aircraft aboard, it, was low for the capacity. Just for the halibut, I clicked on a Hurricane squadron at Columbo, hit transfer to ship and... Lo and Behold it came up OK to transfer the Hurricanes to either of the 3 CV-CVLs in port!!
Questions:
1. Can the Hurricanes do ops from the TF?
2. What other goodies (or disasters) can I expect from this scenario? I mean, this adds a whole new dimension to this scenario. WOW!!
3. Does this apply to US TF & land-based VF, VB, i.e P-40s, etc.? Is it with this that I can replicate the Doolittle raid?
Comments, please. Thanks, Hugh Browne

Post #: 1
RE: How About that.... - 4/9/2006 3:35:32 AM   
JeffroK

Hugh,

I think you are in for a shock when trying to fly a mission, I think they can fly off but must be transferred to a land base (i.e, Aircraft Ferry, a la Malta)

In port, your aircraft can be loaded by crane but the pilots and aircraft are not trained to land back on.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 2
RE: How About that.... - 4/9/2006 4:36:44 PM   
hbrsvl

JeffK-Thanks, I'll try that. To me the importance of this is, for US, this saves the rebuilding operation at the end of a long cruise from ConUS, thus getting units into action earlier. Thanks again, HB

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> How About that.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI